Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9192122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: British Special Forces 3rd Gen Integrated Upper Receiver’s from Colt Canada

Where can we sign up for pre order or notifications?

It's pretty cool, happy with the C8 spare upper though..tempting.
    CCFR Member

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Uppers are shipping to us today. We should have them here by Thursday. For anyone who has contacted us, we will send you an email to confirm that you want to complete your purchase.
    Once the pre-orders are filled, we will put the remaining units up for sale on the website (if we have any remaining)

Please no PM's on these, please email Cathy at ckelly@nordicmarksman.com direct if you want to get on the list.

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    The Eagle has landed...

Name:  dbe26aa2-e5f8-48f6-8395-b47dc4bc800f.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  71.5 KB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    These things are lasers.

Lemme guess... All the 10" gone already?
    "Snakes don't belong in Alaska" - A Hind D,1998

Any 15.7's or longer than 10 inch available?

Meh.

I've had both the Danish and SAS IURs but have long since sold them. IMHO, Colt Canada screwed up by not making the bottom half of the monolithic Rail removeable as is the case on Colt USA's LE901 .308 Modular Carbine and 6940 5.56mm Upper Receiver. The Colt USA designs permit operator access and maintenance to the Barrel and underneath the monolithic top portion of the Handguard whereas the CC products do not. Just try oiling your Barrel or removing debris from inside the Canadian Handguard - it is a royal pain in the arse. That is definitely not the case with the Colt USA design, which is quite frankly a superior (but admittedly more complex) design.

Now, if only there were an economical way to have a CC CHF Barrel in a Colt USA monolithic Upper - that would be the best of both worlds!
    Last edited by Bartok5; 05-23-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    Mark C

The CC upper is not open at the bottom because the Eagle launcher is rail mounted.

Colt USA monolithic uppers have removeable bottom pieces because mounting M203 was still a thing when they were conceived. They are made to be legacy M203 compatible, all the way back to the SCAR development days. Since M203 is replaced by HK302, open bottom system is a thing of the past.

The newest M901 doesn't even have a monolithic upper anymore. They just pin an extrusion tube handguard to the upper, much cheaper and faster to make.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The CC upper is not open at the bottom because the Eagle launcher is rail mounted.

Colt USA monolithic uppers have removeable bottom pieces because mounting M203 was still a thing when they were conceived. They are made to be legacy M203 compatible, all the way back to the SCAR development days. Since M203 is replaced by HK302, open bottom system is a thing of the past.

The newest M901 doesn't even have a monolithic upper anymore. They just pin an extrusion tube handguard to the upper, much cheaper and faster to make.
    The new LE901's lack of a truly monolithic receiver is why I went with the older model. That, and the fact that the original 901 is a true modular "Battle Rifle" complete with a SOCOM-stipulated bayonet lug, whereas the new 901 is not. I may not need a bayonet on my range rifle, but the presence of the lug gives me a certain sense of undeniable comfort as a 34-year infantry veteran...

Notwithstanding the above, I really cannot foresee the requirement for 40mm GLs on my range-only rifles. The removable Handguard bottoms on my LE 901 and 6940 Upper Receivers therefore hold a great deal of appeal to me from a maintenance perspective. YMMV.
    Last edited by Bartok5; 05-23-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    Mark C