Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1323252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: British Special Forces 3rd Gen Integrated Upper Receiver’s from Colt Canada

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden26 View Post
    Awesome! Are these barrels a one time thing or will there be more in the future?
    Good question... still not easy to pull parts out of Colt Canada, still dribbs and drabs. At least we have these.

Do you sell spare straight gas tubes and the bottom set screws for the MRR/IUR gas block?

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Do you sell spare straight gas tubes and the bottom set screws for the MRR/IUR gas block?
    Not at this time.
    You can use a bent gas tube on these however. A straight tube is not required.

Gas tube is a wear item that needs replacement before the barrel dies - and to replace the gas tube the gas block has to come out. Those two screws cannot be reused and they need to be replaced.

The regular gas tube is not compatible with the proprietary gas block height designed for straight gas tube.

So if gas tube wears out, where to find maintenance parts? I think these 2 parts need to be accessible to service the large number of MRR/IUR out there.

Gas tube is a wear item that needs replacement before the barrel dies - and to replace the gas tube the gas block has to come out. Those two screws cannot be reused and they need to be replaced.

The regular gas tube is not compatible with the proprietary gas block height designed for straight gas tube.

So if gas tube wears out, where to find maintenance parts? I think these 2 parts need to be accessible to service the large number of MRR/IUR out there.
    Do you have any pictures? I was not aware that the gas block screws are not reusable. Also, do gas blocks receive any wear or can you use them for a long while?
    I may not be smart a Man... But I'm smart enough to know Criminals don't Obey Gun Laws. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not quite correct.

If you have the proprietary Colt Canada gas block for either the SAS upper or the MRR, yes, you need the straight gas tube due to the height, but the gas tube is designed to come straight out. There is a hex head screw on the front side of the SAS gas block to access removal, the MRR does not have the hex screw, the end of the gas block is open to the gas tube and it can be pushed straight through after the roll pin is removed.

I dont have a photo on hand showing the front side of the gas blocks, but in the photo below you can see the SAS gas block (the larger one) and the smaller MRR gas block. The SAS gas block has a hex head screw on the front, the MRR does not, its just an open hole to the gas tube. That's how its removed, you do not need to remove the gas block, only if you are removing the barrel.

As we dont have the proprietary Colt Canada gas blocks available at this time, customers can use a standard low profile gas block with a traditional gas tube if they are building a rifle using one of the barrels or one of the stripped IUR uppers.

In respect to the reuse of the gas block mounting screws, I have never heard they cannot be re-used, but I will ask the question.
    They just appear to be a standard cup point grub screw, nothing special to be honest and surely not something special made in house at Colt Canada.

Photo of the screws below:

Sweet. Thanks for the photos
    I may not be smart a Man... But I'm smart enough to know Criminals don't Obey Gun Laws. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks for the explanation of the gas tube installation/disassembly. The bit about the screws come from wpn tech servicing this type of uppers for the government.

The straight gas tube is CC proprietary and wearable, and it is a part that I would like to have spares on hand. No one knows if CC parts will be available some years down the road.

If I am planning for 20,000 rounds for an upper, I probably should have at least 1 spare gas tube to complete the life time maintenance package of the upper.

The straight gas tube is CC proprietary and wearable, and it is a part that I would like to have spares on hand.
    I agree about the spares but I'm skeptical about your gas tube wear claim. I'm not sure what you do with your upper, but I'm pretty sure most people aren't putting the upper / gas tube through the intense heat cycles of suppressed / full auto use it was designed for. Everything should last a bit longer in the hands of normal people vs. a mil/govt end user.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    LMT has straight gas tubes would they work?

Not sure who the LMT supplier is anymore

htt ps ://lmtdefense.com/parts/l7ma1b3