Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: British Special Forces 3rd Gen Integrated Upper Receiver’s from Colt Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    Anyone know the differences between this upper and the Danish contract overrun. ? Thanks.
    They have better corrosion protection under the handguard, I think better heat shielding, some other stuff that I don't remember, claimed better life and accuracy than predecessor. Oh and the rail lacks the qd slot for slings.

It's really not worth it especially seeing you can buy a mrr top for like 200-300 less and a danish iur for like 1 grand less if you find one.

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    They have better corrosion protection under the handguard, I think better heat shielding, some other stuff that I don't remember, claimed better life and accuracy than predecessor. Oh and the rail lacks the qd slot for slings.

It's really not worth it especially seeing you can buy a mrr top for like 200-300 less and a danish iur for like 1 grand less if you find one.
    Don't forget these IUR's come with BCG and ambi charging handle, there's $450+ right there.

Quote Originally Posted by ponymusic View Post
    Don't forget these IUR's come with BCG and ambi charging handle, there's $450+ right there.
    A milspec bcg is $300 tops. You can find some on sale for less(not much less) and that charging handle is a pos that is as fragile as it is annoying. But you can pick up a good aftermarket ch for about $80 and even if you did pick up one of those iurs you would probably pay to replace that ch in the future.

Of course that still doesn't account for the extra pork on the iur over the mrr. Which in itself isn't good value.
    Last edited by r34skyline; 01-01-2017 at 05:54 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackWatch's Avatar
    I'd love to have one but the price difference between the Danish IURs and this is just too much. I have a Diemaco SA20 lower, CC BCG and 15.7 IUR that I put together for $1140 from the EE never fired. Hopefully a 10.5" shows up on the EE in the next year for a reasonable price.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatch View Post
    I'd love to have one but the price difference between the Danish IURs and this is just too much. I have a Diemaco SA20 lower, CC BCG and 15.7 IUR that I put together for $1140 from the EE never fired. Hopefully a 10.5" shows up on the EE in the next year for a reasonable price.
    Unlikely. Since these are going to be "uber rare". Honestly. Grab a blem iur and put a heavy bcm or dd 10.5 barrel. Tada.

You'll also need to shorten the handguard for the above suggestion to work.

This is a thing of beauty!

I don't care if it doesn't have a mid-length gas system, weighs more than other uppers or has the newest ambi-charging handle or the latest trick parts. These upper's aren't made for civilians.

If it is good enough for SAS then it's good enough for me. I'd like to see the 99.9% of us go up to someone in the SAS and try and tell them that this setup makes them slower, will fail them or put their life at risk while we stand there with our mid-length, tricked out soft recoil shooter.

Now that would be funny!

If only there was some CC complete lower to go with them...all sold out.

BTC donations: 1Nk9M6t8nXpKuyd2ZKcyiUKXXQjJrEPoTE

Quote Originally Posted by derrob7 View Post
    This is a thing of beauty!

I don't care if it doesn't have a mid-length gas system, weighs more than other uppers or has the newest ambi-charging handle or the latest trick parts. These upper's aren't made for civilians.

If it is good enough for SAS then it's good enough for me. I'd like to see the 99.9% of us go up to someone in the SAS and try and tell them that this setup makes them slower, will fail them or put their life at risk while we stand there with our mid-length, tricked out soft recoil shooter.

Now that would be funny!
    Shhh, try to dampen your enthusiasm. Not all appreciate these uppers. Someone may be by shortly to inform you of your bad etiquette.