Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: British Special Forces 3rd Gen Integrated Upper Receiver’s from Colt Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ponymusic View Post
    You'll also need to shorten the handguard for the above suggestion to work.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...reling-service

Interesting that unit must be a work of photoshop then.
    Quote Originally Posted by derrob7 View Post
    This is a thing of beauty!

I don't care if it doesn't have a mid-length gas system, weighs more than other uppers or has the newest ambi-charging handle or the latest trick parts. These upper's aren't made for civilians.

If it is good enough for SAS then it's good enough for me. I'd like to see the 99.9% of us go up to someone in the SAS and try and tell them that this setup makes them slower, will fail them or put their life at risk while we stand there with our mid-length, tricked out soft recoil shooter.

Now that would be funny!
    Actually the sas upper you see has the same cf "ambi" ch. Trick they are. They are also excellent at snagging into your webbing and like I said before fairly flimsy. Will the sas run them? Maybe. Do they have other options that their armourer will switch out on receival of the weapons. More than likely. Since the fa guns usually run hhh buffer and the 10.5 and 15.7 both share carbine gasses for logisitical reasons. Not because it performs better.

Will it be a reliable carbine? No doubt it will be.

At 1700 is it a good contract price with the brutal use the uksf will put them through? Probably. It includes parts replacement and maintenance on the weapon for however many years.

Is it a good value for us? Absolutely not.

Now whether that matters to you or not is up to you. You want it for the cool factor? Go for it. But good value it isn't. Especially seeing that you can pick up an old iur for $1000 less.

Of course this upper is cool. The fact that we can buy an actual military upper as civilians, super cool. Limited release and collect-ability, more cool still.

Everyone picking apart Colt Canada stuff on sponsors boards, not very cool. All the bitching, complaining and whining that the military arm of Colt/Colt Canada aren't building exactly what some public feel they want, or feel they need or at a price point they want to pay. Cool or uncool, I don't know. I'm just happy it's out there.

Every time I seem to see something posted for a Colt Canada product I'm excited to see what I might be able to learn in the posts about what the different NATO forces around the world might be using, instead it seems to be post after post of bitching complaining and whining. Kinda like me right now. Most of these forums are disappointing to say the least because of all the expressed public opinions.

I wonder if an authentic MK18, M4A1 or Mk12 upper came on the market, how much would people be willing to pay for it. I know the authentic clones cost one and a half to two times more than what the SAS uppers cost and there are whole forums of people here and the U.S. building them. Just some food for thought.

BTW if you can find me an $800.00 IUR upper please let me know as I'm in the market for one.

Quote Originally Posted by americain View Post
    If only there was some CC complete lower to go with them...all sold out.
    Not all. CC lowers are still for sale brand new.

Of course this upper is cool. The fact that we can buy an actual military upper as civilians, super cool. Limited release and collect-ability, more cool still.

Everyone picking apart Colt Canada stuff on sponsors boards, not very cool. All the bitching, complaining and whining that the military arm of Colt/Colt Canada aren't building exactly what some public feel they want, or feel they need or at a price point they want to pay. Cool or uncool, I don't know. I'm just happy it's out there.

Every time I seem to see something posted for a Colt Canada product I'm excited to see what I might be able to learn in the posts about what the different NATO forces around the world might be using, instead it seems to be post after post of bitching complaining and whining. Kinda like me right now. Most of these forums are disappointing to say the least because of all the expressed public opinions.

I wonder if an authentic MK18, M4A1 or Mk12 upper came on the market, how much would people be willing to pay for it. I know the authentic clones cost one and a half to two times more than what the SAS uppers cost and there are whole forums of people here and the U.S. building them. Just some food for thought.

BTW if you can find me an $800.00 IUR upper please let me know as I'm in the market for one.
    If you are really that excited for the cc products and updates, I hope you know colt canada has a website. The latest updates usually reside there.

I'm well aware people try to build true clones of the issued gear, as for the mk18 you can buy a brand new dd mk18 upper from wolverine for 1584. Dont know if that includes bcg and ch. And there is always used buys.

For your IUR, why not put a wtb on the ee?

For the record I never said anything is inherently wrong with cc products. I owned one of the sa20 when it first came out, then picked up a danish iur, and it looks like I'm getting a cc lower. But if it lacks value, I'll call it for what it is. The "blemished" IURs were the pinnacle of the value I was really happy to see cc sell them. Excellent price for great products. Even the original release of the "unblemished" uppers were decent value(this was the model I picked up in case anyone was interested).

All this really offers over those is included ch and bcg. For $700 more than the "unblemished" units...

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...reling-service

Interesting that unit must be a work of photoshop then.

The 10.5inch SAS IUR measures 415mm overall length, the Danish 15.7 inch IUR upper measures 435 mm over all length.

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    If you are really that excited for the cc products and updates, I hope you know colt canada has a website. The latest updates usually reside there.

I'm well aware people try to build true clones of the issued gear, as for the mk18 you can buy a brand new dd mk18 upper from wolverine for 1584. Dont know if that includes bcg and ch. And there is always used buys.

For your IUR, why not put a wtb on the ee?

For the record I never said anything is inherently wrong with cc products. I owned one of the sa20 when it first came out, then picked up a danish iur, and it looks like I'm getting a cc lower. But if it lacks value, I'll call it for what it is. The "blemished" IURs were the pinnacle of the value I was really happy to see cc sell them. Excellent price for great products. Even the original release of the "unblemished" uppers were decent value(this was the model I picked up in case anyone was interested).

All this really offers over those is included ch and bcg. For $700 more than the "unblemished" units...
    Believe me I am aware of both the Colt Canada, Colt Defence, and many others that distribute Colt or Colt Canada products. The intricate knowledge and behind the doors workings are not shared on those websites, people that post in these forums share their knowledge from time to time. Once upon a time I believe Colt Canada had a forum but closed it due to too many people knowing more then the expert.

If you are trying to compare a Daniel Defence MK18 to a correct MK18 then I will not try and explain the differences here as there are thousands of posts in different forums on the web (Although the DD MK18 is a quality piece of kit.)

I`ve had a couple IUR`s and then sold them to friends when my interests shifted to other things. It seems they have kept their value and wanted to add one to my collection. I`ve been watching the EE and only complete carbines have been for sale, those that have listed WTB for just the upper have been re-listing for a while.

The blemished IUR`s were liquidated and the price was probably subsidized from the Danish because of the return. How can you justify that is what they should of cost in the first place. There are sometimes great deals to be had and sometimes there are not. What something is worth is in the eye of the beholder but at the same time what it costs to engineer, manufacture, assemble, test, market and distribute is a whole other matter. I am not trying to justify the pricing that Colt Canada puts forth to us civilians. What I am saying though is if it is too much for me I won`t buy it. If I don't have a use for it, I won`t buy it. What I won`t do is call Colt Canada out and say that you are selling stuff at an unjustified margin. The fact of the matter is there is nothing else out there exactly like what Colt Canada is offering. Nobody is offering the same barrel, military markings, history, branding etc, etc. all made in Canada by Canadians. There are many other premium brands out there for the same if not more than the SAS uppers and I haven't seen you on those sponsorship boards calling them out. Oh and those other brands haven't sold millions of arms to the military`s around the world or have been used in X number of military exercises and engagements around the world either. At the end of the day there are plenty of other choices to be had that will fit your budget, lifestyle, ability etc. If not there are a million parts out there to build one to make you own.
    My whole point is that I find it frustrating when I read through pages and pages of posts after finding a topic I think I might enjoy just to read multiple arguments or differences of opinions (just as this one is so I have finally become a hypocrite!) or people slagging the product right on the sponsors boards who are trying to sell the product and make a living. If you want to post your opinion then do exactly that and name it why I don't agree with such and such, and not hijack someone else`s stage to do it. That way many others, including myself can skip it if I don't want to see it. Then I have a choice, the same as you do.

I have said my piece and if you want to post another rebuttal please feel free to PM me.

I have one of these in 15 inch with a colt canada lower. Buy it while you can!

Believe me I am aware of both the Colt Canada, Colt Defence, and many others that distribute Colt or Colt Canada products. The intricate knowledge and behind the doors workings are not shared on those websites, people that post in these forums share their knowledge from time to time. Once upon a time I believe Colt Canada had a forum but closed it due to too many people knowing more then the expert.

If you are trying to compare a Daniel Defence MK18 to a correct MK18 then I will not try and explain the differences here as there are thousands of posts in different forums on the web (Although the DD MK18 is a quality piece of kit.)

I`ve had a couple IUR`s and then sold them to friends when my interests shifted to other things. It seems they have kept their value and wanted to add one to my collection. I`ve been watching the EE and only complete carbines have been for sale, those that have listed WTB for just the upper have been re-listing for a while.

The blemished IUR`s were liquidated and the price was probably subsidized from the Danish because of the return. How can you justify that is what they should of cost in the first place. There are sometimes great deals to be had and sometimes there are not. What something is worth is in the eye of the beholder but at the same time what it costs to engineer, manufacture, assemble, test, market and distribute is a whole other matter. I am not trying to justify the pricing that Colt Canada puts forth to us civilians. What I am saying though is if it is too much for me I won`t buy it. If I don't have a use for it, I won`t buy it. What I won`t do is call Colt Canada out and say that you are selling stuff at an unjustified margin. The fact of the matter is there is nothing else out there exactly like what Colt Canada is offering. Nobody is offering the same barrel, military markings, history, branding etc, etc. all made in Canada by Canadians. There are many other premium brands out there for the same if not more than the SAS uppers and I haven't seen you on those sponsorship boards calling them out. Oh and those other brands haven't sold millions of arms to the military`s around the world or have been used in X number of military exercises and engagements around the world either. At the end of the day there are plenty of other choices to be had that will fit your budget, lifestyle, ability etc. If not there are a million parts out there to build one to make you own.
    My whole point is that I find it frustrating when I read through pages and pages of posts after finding a topic I think I might enjoy just to read multiple arguments or differences of opinions (just as this one is so I have finally become a hypocrite!) or people slagging the product right on the sponsors boards who are trying to sell the product and make a living. If you want to post your opinion then do exactly that and name it why I don't agree with such and such, and not hijack someone else`s stage to do it. That way many others, including myself can skip it if I don't want to see it. Then I have a choice, the same as you do.

I have said my piece and if you want to post another rebuttal please feel free to PM me.
    Why don't you buy the complete and dump the lower on the ee?

And that's exactly what I'm doing. I posted my opinion. This is too much money. As it does nothing over the old iur for more money. You buy it for the cool factor.

As for the other "premium" offerings, like what knights? Ya I have long maintained they are obscenely expensive for no reason. Bcm? No not really they are usually less. Daniel defense? Again no not really. Hell ccs own succeeder to the iur lineup... the mrr... nope. Noveske? Wouldn't know. Never understood their costs. Lmt? Not really. The only other bizzaro priced option is the hk416. Wait i forgot the pws. The piston guns i suspect would cost more. Not to mention colt canada should be able to give us superior pricing. There aint no border taxes to pay. Its coming from homeland to the homeland.

All of that being said to anybody that just wants one. Seriously. Just get it. Yes its not good value but I can tell you that it will perform every bit as good as you think it will(no I haven't shot one). If you really want it dont put sway on the naysayers like me or the fanboys that urge you. You want it. You get it.

CGN Regular
    Currently running DD M4V7 12.0 float 16" government profile. looking at a lighter upper and want Colt Canada, is it under 7lbs? Is this my best option?