Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: British Special Forces 3rd Gen Integrated Upper Receiver’s from Colt Canada

Quote Originally Posted by red_star View Post
    Could someone here please confirm if the dust cover on these uppers are loose enough that would pop-open when closed even with a slight tap on the upper, it would open up with or without BCG inserted. I'm not sure if this is common on these and I'm thinking it could be a weak detent spring of the dust cover.
    I just checked ... my 10.5" dust cover is just as 'tight' as on my Danish upper and my SP 1.

Quote Originally Posted by ponymusic View Post
    I just checked ... my 10.5" dust cover is just as 'tight' as on my Danish upper and my SP 1.
    Thanks for checking. Actually the issue is on a 15.7 upper. All stock pics of it I have seen online have an opened dust cover.
    If you want to survive...then you must be built for the kill...

Quote Originally Posted by red_star View Post
    Thanks for checking. Actually the issue is on a 15.7 upper. All stock pics of it I have seen online have an opened dust cover.
    Dust cover should not pop open unless the bolt carrier moves and trips the cover.

Most likely, the cover is not "straight" and doesn't fit onto the ejection port perfectly- that causes it to pop open with any slight vibration because the detent is not completely engaged. This is the most common cause.

The easy fix is to drift it out, bend it with you finger until it works. If you don't want to drift out the roll pin, try to bend it attached.

Or switch it to a plastic one. yes, that's why HK416 uses plastic.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

I cracked.

Here's my logical conclusion:

1. I remember in the not to distant past you couldn't even get Colt Canada (Diemaco) branded products. Or had to spend big $$ for the rare one that went to civi market.

2. I'm buying what basically amounts to the closest you can get to a British Service Rifle (L119A1). Try buying an SA80. You can't. These uppers are for the SAS, Para Regiment and other Special Forces of the British Military.

3. With the 10% off here at Nordic, it's the best deal on this upper.

4. Comes with CC charging handle and CC BCG.

5. Free Shipping (I hope is still on as of this writing).

6. No PST as I'm in BC.

7. This upper is badass. I ordered the 10.5".

8. Good enough for the SAS, good enough for me. BTW, did I mention this upper is badass?

Just finished putting my rifle together with the 10.5" upper. Thanks Nordic

Won't let me post a picture from my phone.
    http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/Gu...h=480&fit=clip
    Last edited by guncrazy5606; 01-11-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    The last shipment of SAS Uppers just arrived late yesterday afternoon.
    Pre-orders will be packed and ship out Monday.

We still have a few of each, both 10.5 and 15.7 up for grabs. Click on the photo below to go to
    the website.

[

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackWatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guncrazy5606 View Post
    Just finished putting my rifle together with the 10.5" upper. Thanks Nordic

Won't let me post a picture from my phone.
    http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/Gu...h=480&fit=clip
    Very nice. I just picked up mine today.
    I'm opting on copying the SAS trial rifle.

I resisted buying one of these retail as I had built a Danish 15.7 IUR at a great price but I found it too nose heavy. I waited for one to come up on the EE but I still haven't seen one for good reason. This SAS rifle is by far my most favourite gun I've owned. Unless Colt comes out with a 40 watt plasma edition I will never sell this one. Nordic has the best prices on these, trust me... you won't regret it.
    Last edited by BlackWatch; 01-30-2017 at 01:05 AM.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatch View Post
    Very nice. I just picked up mine today.

I resisted buying one of these retail as I had built a Danish 15.7 IUR at a great price but I found it too nose heavy. I waited for one to come up on the EE but I still haven't seen one for good reason. This SAS rifle is by far my most favourite gun I've owned. Unless Colt comes out with a 40 watt plasma edition I will never sell this one. Nordic has the best prices on these, trust me... you won't regret it.
    Post some photos when you get it together.

We got some pieces in from Smith Enterprises today so I couldn't resist getting that vortex flash hider from them mounted tonight.
    We have a whole slew of goodies in the works with Smith ENT including complete rifles.

Plus they have awesome stickers :-)

How does one tell if it's a colt Canada charging handle? Will it have a cc mark somewhere.?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep6 View Post
    How does one tell if it's a colt Canada charging handle? Will it have a cc mark somewhere.?
    After manipulating it through the day your hand will be bleeding and it will be caught in the webbing more than once.