Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819202122232535 ... LastLast

Thread: British Special Forces 3rd Gen Integrated Upper Receiver’s from Colt Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroed-In View Post
    Didn't you know that's a Colt Canada sales tactic.

Let us all think it's a special one time only deal; then let more of the same product out onto the market later as they see fit. This after everyone was sold (ie. 'tricked') on the idea it's was a one time only rare offer...

Don't get me wrong I love CC kit, but their sales tactics leave a lot of room for improvement.

Cheers D
    Not the most ethical of business practices but it is far from uncommon. Every industry does it and only a fool would believe that a hot selling product will be limited in numbers. A business is in business to make MONEY!!! Selling out of your limited edition wonder blaster 5000 in 10 minutes is a sign that more sales are out there. Refusing to offer more wonder blaster 5000's is plain retarded. Same tactic gets employed with "while supplies last" or "pre sales" so you too can be the coolest kid on your block before anyone else. The majority of marketing is BS gimmicks designed to convince the masses to part with their hard earned cash(ok usually credit these days as most are grossly over extended).

CC makes good stuff, but the prices are out to lunch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    So what would you have the retailer do when the manufacturer is offering a new stock? Decline to retail the product?

I'm not sure who is being blamed here, the retailer or the manufacturer?
    Manufacturer. Or distributor. This here is precisely why i didn't jump on board on the last batch. What were they 1800 last time? Admittedly that came with a bcg and ch but even then horrendously overpriced. Now they are 1299 for the upper. Still more than I'm willing to part with but much more reasonable. Odds are the next batch will magically be more so... I'll wait for a sales or the next batch thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    Manufacturer. Or distributor. This here is precisely why i didn't jump on board on the last batch. What were they 1800 last time? Admittedly that came with a bcg and ch but even then horrendously overpriced. Now they are 1299 for the upper. Still more than I'm willing to part with but much more reasonable. Odds are the next batch will magically be more so... I'll wait for a sales or the next batch thanks.
    So you didn't even buy one and you're mad at both? Forgive me if I find that a bit comical.

Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

So you didn't even buy one and you're mad at both? Forgive me if I find that a bit comical.

Nah I learned my lesson with the original iur. I jumped at the first batch. Only to have that second batch of "blemished" guns show up months later 60% of the cost.

And look at that. The same thing is slowly happening here.

So what would you have the retailer do when the manufacturer is offering a new stock? Decline to retail the product?

I'm not sure who is being blamed here, the retailer or the manufacturer?
    I don't believe r34skyline is blaming anyone..... he is just pointing out the obvious.

There are only so many times you can use "limited edition", "one time sale", "never to be seen again" before this moment happens;
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    Easter weekend sale coming up?

I bought my Colt Canada SAS 15.7 to shoot a great rifle, not for collector value. Now, having said that, CC advertised the rifle as a 'special', 'one of a kind' and I wouldn't mind having a great rifle that is a collector as advertised. Kind of sh*ty sales tactics to keep pulling that one to push your product. It's good product, no need to pull this crap. And this in no way should reflect on the great service that I have experienced from the boys at Nordic Marksman.
    "For every one of us, living in this world means waiting for our end. Let whoever can win glory before death. When a warrior is gone, that will be his best and only bulwark" - Beowulf
    Membership: CPC, CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckster View Post
    I bought my Colt Canada SAS 15.7 to shoot a great rifle, not for collector value. Now, having said that, CC advertised the rifle as a 'special', 'one of a kind' and I wouldn't mind having a great rifle that is a collector as advertised. Kind of sh*ty sales tactics to keep pulling that one to push your product. It's good product, no need to pull this crap. And this in no way should reflect on the great service that I have experienced from the boys at Nordic Marksman.
    Thank you. I don't understand how this is so hard to understand.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Do I want the 10.5" or 11.6"?

Por que no los dos?