Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14242627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: British Special Forces 3rd Gen Integrated Upper Receiver’s from Colt Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Thanks for the explanation of the gas tube installation/disassembly. The bit about the screws come from wpn tech servicing this type of uppers for the government.

The straight gas tube is CC proprietary and wearable, and it is a part that I would like to have spares on hand. No one knows if CC parts will be available some years down the road.

If I am planning for 20,000 rounds for an upper, I probably should have at least 1 spare gas tube to complete the life time maintenance package of the upper.
    This is the first im hearing about gas tubes wearing to the point of unservicability in a semi auto gun. The firing schedule must be exceptionally aggressive.

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    I asked and below, straight from the horses mouth...

First, gas tubes only wear out when they are slightly misaligned. They generally do not wear out before the barrel and often do not wear out at all if they are straight gas tubes which are inherently aligned. It is still a good practice to replace the gas tube when replacing a shot out barrel.

You can replace a straight gas tube without removing the gas block on this system.

Third, the notion that the grub screws must be replaced is ridiculous. They should only be replaced if lost or physically damaged. Otherwise, they work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SigWig View Post
    LMT has straight gas tubes would they work?

Not sure who the LMT supplier is anymore

htt ps ://lmtdefense.com/parts/l7ma1b3
    Any carbine length straight gas tube will slide right in. These are not a proprietary Colt Canada item.

If I cant get gas tubes from CC, I will import a batch with our next shipment from a US supplier and have them
    on hand for those that want a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Marksman View Post
    Any carbine length straight gas tube will slide right in. These are not a proprietary Colt Canada item.

If I cant get gas tubes from CC, I will import a batch with our next shipment from a US supplier and have them
    on hand for those that want a spare.
    I know this is the wrong thread but you haven't commented on it in a while - what's happening with the green lowers?

Quote Originally Posted by RKRZ View Post
    I know this is the wrong thread but you haven't commented on it in a while - what's happening with the green lowers?
    No prob.

Still waiting on an update myself. I will reach out and find out when we will see them.

IUR/MRR Wrench Project Update

Well, our machine shop just brought us a sample this afternoon.
    I love the TIG Weld, its a work of art. I told him not to machine it out. Just too nice not to have on this piece.

Same dimensions as the original Colt Canada wrench, but we opted to use a 4140 chromoly steel for the bit to give it longer service life.
    The original tool is not quite as hard as this.

A work of art and made one at a time with love here in Canada.

Its now gone back for a few more tweaks before we start the first production run this week. For a finish, we may Cerakote them.

Enjoy the photos... (of course the black one is the original tool, our's is unfinished)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Looks great even unfinished. If it keeps cost down, I'd leave it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    Looks great even unfinished. If it keeps cost down, I'd leave it as is.
    Seconded! Approximate cost Nordic?

Thirded

That's a buy!

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account