Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: British Special Forces 3rd Gen Integrated Upper Receiver’s from Colt Canada

If you guys want a limited gun then get an HK416 upper, that is rare hard to get. Consider ourselves lucky Nordic and Colt Canada are providing one of the best small arms manufactures rifles to the market. 10 years ago and before that we all use to dream or tried to get some of the parts from the US of Colt Canada then named "Diemaco" rifles or parts up here. Times have changed in this one area for the best. All I can say is the SAS line is ideal to me and comes in at an amazing price. If you were only to buy one AR that gun would be at the top of my list.

As for the intial launch back in the day from Colt Canada, yes that was badly done, but that was years ago, just move on and get em well you can.

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    You are missing the point. Saying this will be a one time thing then selling them again a few months down the road at magically lower prices out of nowhere. That's just bad business practice and doesn't do much for customer loyalty. At this point why not just sit back and wait for potential "blemished" or a 3rd run of uppers for an ever less expensive price? You know there will be a batch coming in a year.
    The ones at $1800 came with CC BCG and charging handle.

$1300 for upper.
    $400 for BCG (before the prices on these dropped).
    $100 for charging handle.

Normal pricing. The price hasn't been reduced, they're just opting to sell them without BCG and charging handle now.

I gladly paid $1800 for the complete upper when they were available last. It was never my understanding that these were "limited time" offers when I purchased it. I was told that the SAS had yet to confirm their order quantities, and Colt Canada knew they had a surplus of complete rifles just "sitting". CC can make and replace any they sell on the civilian market here before they ship the final quantity to the SAS.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    ^cheaper to buy a complete gun and sell of the lower if not wanted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Do I want the 10.5" or 11.6"?
    SAS or make a CSOR clone.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

CGN Regular

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Do I want the 10.5" or 11.6"?
    10.5 gets my vote

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    SAS or make a CSOR clone.
    Who's is 11.6"?
    Disregard, the one's I have seen for the latter was the 10", forgot they came in both

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    The ones at $1800 came with CC BCG and charging handle.

$1300 for upper.
    $400 for BCG (before the prices on these dropped).
    $100 for charging handle.

Normal pricing. The price hasn't been reduced, they're just opting to sell them without BCG and charging handle now.

I gladly paid $1800 for the complete upper when they were available last. It was never my understanding that these were "limited time" offers when I purchased it. I was told that the SAS had yet to confirm their order quantities, and Colt Canada knew they had a surplus of complete rifles just "sitting". CC can make and replace any they sell on the civilian market here before they ship the final quantity to the SAS.
    And now that doesn't cost as much. And assuming you run a non cc bcg thats in spec like a dd, lmt, bcm etc, the bcg would be around 250... and the ####ty cf charging handle not on there means you can have something better for less on there... making it... a better value.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    And now that doesn't cost as much. And assuming you run a non cc bcg thats in spec like a dd, lmt, bcm etc, the bcg would be around 250... and the ####ty cf charging handle not on there means you can have something better for less on there... making it... a better value.
    Excluding the fact this is an IUR which are not that common to get and a reason in itself to buy one, for me if you were buying this as it was something representative of what they would be running you would think it would be critical to run everything as it came. That said most groups are allowed to tweak things a bit so you could jediwave that fact and upgrade it.

I've got one of the Dutch IURs, but really, really want one of these in 10.5" as well.

Was also wondering what the chances are of Colt Canada releasing any CANSOFCOM 11.6" IUR uppers?
    FJT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tacfoley's Avatar
    Pity that over here in UK we are prohibited from possessing these, and anything like them...

tac