Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Instructor Recommendations for CFSC in Toronto

Instructor Recommendations for CFSC in Toronto

To the best of my knowledge, this is the relatively comprehensive list of instructors for CFSC in Toronto.
    http://www.fseso.org/public-instructor-search?field_public_area_code_value=416&field_teac hing_language_tid=1313&field_teaching_locations_ti d=

There are around 30 instructors in total and I am unfamiliar with any of them, so any recommendation towards one of them would be much appreciated.
    My preference is for the standalone 10 hour PAL course to be a full day on the weekend and not cost over $200. Very few of the instructors listed their full availabilities on the FSESO website unfortunately and don't seem to have a personal website to check times or prices on.

What part of TO are u in? Walter Bent on Kingston Rd is top notch.
    http://firearms-hunter-education.com

Welcome to the forums,,and be sure to do an introduction post....kinda the first post you should make.
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

Ah, I didn't realize that posting there first was mandatory.

How is the parking at that location? Satellite view shows only half a dozen spots for the neighbouring storefronts.

I read a few praises for York Region Firearms in this thread. Would that be a good option to consider as well?
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum.../t-838851.html

Lots of parking across the street. Actually he will ask u to park across the street, so as to not piss off the neighbouring businesses. Great guy,,
    I can't speak for the other guy in York, as I havnt been there
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

I'm with JimDO in recommending Walter Bent. I did both of my courses with him many years ago and he's top notch as far as I'm concerned
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseToTheBone View Post
    Ah, I didn't realize that posting there first was mandatory.

How is the parking at that location? Satellite view shows only half a dozen spots for the neighbouring storefronts.

I read a few praises for York Region Firearms in this thread. Would that be a good option to consider as well?
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum.../t-838851.html
    +1
    good instructor to take your pal/rpal course ..plenty of parking....took my course there
    Last edited by j2kool; 10-30-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Ready Aim Firearms Safety. Very happy with the course and very good to deal with.

+ 1 for Walter Bent. I did my OHEP with his group this weekend and they were great. Very knowledgeable, personable and humorous. I did my CFSC with someone else and the experience wasn't nearly as good.

Maximum cost in Ontario for CFSC & Exam is $150

supermag

Quote Originally Posted by ProX2 View Post
    Ready Aim Firearms Safety. Very happy with the course and very good to deal with.
    I could not get them to return my emails or phonecalls - about a dozen contact attempts in total. So I went elsewhere.

I can recommend Gunner Couce. I did the courses with him in Burlington...not sure if he teaches closer to Toronto or not, if Burlington is too far for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast