Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping estimates... are they accurate?

Then you buy local to save the shipping ! You cannot buy from somewhere cheap and save tax and said shipping fee high ! Decided yourself !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The quotes that we, humble peasants, get from any courrier has nothing to do with the prices paid by large volume business.

The cheapest possible box you can ship would be by canada post at 12.86$ including taxes. You pay the same price on an tiny enveloppe if you want a tracking number on it. The same parcel shipped through a private courrier will cost you over 20$. Amazon.ca offers free shipping for orders over 35$ (without prime membership), so I would guess a business with large volume would pay less than 5$. CGN sponsors falls somewhere in between. For most CGN sponsors, Canpar is cheaper than Canada Post, so the rates they have differs a lot from the ones peasants gets.

Buy the minimum to get the free shipping. Makes no sense to pay 20$ or 30$ on a 50-60 order when shipping is "free" on orders over 200$ or 300$.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Im looking to buy 2 boxes of 357 and a package of seeds... shipping is estimated at $30... that seems really high to me.
    Is that an accurate estimate? I just shipped a Derya MK10 in its case across the country (weighted 9kg) for $22...
    You did the right thing by contacting Kate. I've had the same issues on purchases and all it took was some communication to the business owner to get an accurate quote. The estimating programs aren't perfect but they give you a basic idea.

If you're buying ammo, the shipping usually includes a dangerous goods premium, (Usually around $25). It's also possible that some shipments get charged a cube rate which is higher, but these are usually big bulky items that take a lot of space, but don't weigh much. My experience with online quotes has usually been right on with Canada Post, and FedEx.
    Oh oh... that's gonna hurt.

Expired Business Member
    Thanks for the PM! I think we can get you a rate a bit cheaper. But we can't ship ammo Canada Post, so the rates are different.

CGN frequent flyer
    Just a quick update. Kate took care of me excellent. Shipping was MORE than reasonable... in fact it was substantially lower than I even hoped it would be. Made buying from Ammo Supply %100 worth it and I can tell you with %100 confidence, ill buy from them again... alot. This kind of service isnt typical... unfortunately.

Another quick point, the stuff was shipped via Canpar but arrived REALLY fast. Like, a few days fast. I havent had service that good from Canada post ever. Whatever Ammo Supply is doing, theyre doing right.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Yup, Kate's da best...
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12