$vboptions[bbtitle]

Thread: Exclusive Gun Nutz POD Survival Course Offer

Business Member

Exclusive Gun Nutz POD Survival Course Offer

Hey Guys,

Due to the discussion that came about in our "Hemorrhage Control - The Tampon Myth", we have decided to offer up a 40% discount for the first 100 Canadian Gun Nutz users to sign up for our POD Survival Course.

CTOMS INC. offers full spectrum Health Canada Medical Devices, equipment and training and then partners them all together.

DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE:

• While the standard first aid course may be adequate in some situations, First Aid courses are designed for controlled or controllable environments but are not realistic and actually can be dangerous if their approaches are utilized in high threat uncontrolled environments.

• This where the POD™ Survival course is a perfect fit. This course teaches the essentials to provide self-aid and buddy aid with respect to the larger tactical situation. By dispelling some of the assumptions of first aid dogma, and applying environment and situation appropriate actions, skills and equipment to tactical environments, this course teaches you how to save your own life or the life of your partner when the violence has turned against you and you have become a casualty.

• The Police Officer Down™ (POD™) Survival Course incorporated the concepts of Human Performance in Combat Casualty Care™, phases of Tactical Trauma Care™ in high threat environments, hemorrhage control including tourniquets and wound packing, basic airway management and tactical rescue concepts using approved Heath Canada Compliant Medical equipment that is, well researched and proven to be best of breed.

• No prerequisites.

• Immediate large scale roll out possible.

• The delivery is through an online platform that is accessible by: Smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.

• For more information please take a look at the attachment or click on the link. http://ctoms.ca/Mission-Essential-Tr.../POD-Survival/

ROLL OUT:

Here is how the program can roll out as it is ready today and used Canada Wide.

1. Continue to take a standard first aid courses and consider this as a supplement.

2. Standard delivery through about 6 - 8 hours to go through the program once and do all the exams.

3. Course certificates are printable at the end of the online course.

4. Operational kit may be handed out at this time to each person if applicable.

SKILLS CONFIRMATION PRACTICAL: (OPTIONAL not mandatory)

When a student has finished the course an optional skills confirmation is available through CTOMS.,

Every person has full access to the online course for 3 years, having the ability to refresh the material or watch the standard demo videos with an unlimited access to review the material anytime they want on a smartphone, tablet, I-PAD, laptop or desktop. We make it easy for each student or graduate of the POD™

Every person also has 3 year unlimited access to talk online or on the phone with an instructor as needed.

The online training is defendable, and traceable down to how many seconds a person took to answer the question.

Since standard first aid runs in 3 year cycles so does the POD.

PRICING

INDIVIDUAL PURCHASE:
    • POD™ Survival course single purchase is $150.00/person/3 years (taxes incl.) Minus the CGN 40% discount

To obtain the 40% discount, go to http://ctoms.ca/Mission-Essential-Tr.../POD-Survival/ and click on enroll, then after registering, enter the Coupon Code: CGN$! (when prompted)

ENSURE THAT YOU SELECT CANADIAN GUN NUTZ FROM THE LIST WHEN PROMPTED FOR YOUR AGENCY

Enjoy!

Last edited by CTOMS; 09-29-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Business Member
    Great response so far, thank you CGN!

Is the course given in Alberta only?
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Business Member
    Wildphil,

The course can be taken regardless of your location as it is an online program that allows you to learn at your own pace.

Would this be considered towards a professional learning plan, hmmmmm

Tagged for interest.

Interested tagged
    CCFR Member

I completed the course as part of the my new role on the VPD public safety unit as Tactical fire/medic. It was a great online learning tool and I hadn't been challenged on EMS learning for years. Highly recommend. I've heard really good things about the live tissue courses as well.
    [/IMG]http://gifs.gifbin.com/092010/1284543188_machine-gun-intimidation.gif

I completed the online course a year or so ago. I had completed Standard First Aid courses over the years but had no training in tactical combat casualty care. I learned a lot from the course and highly recommend it, especially with the 40% discount. The first aid kit in my truck now includes a tourniquet.

After completing the course on my own dime, I wanted to take my learning to the next level. However, I couldn't afford to go further. But, I did buy this book on amazon.ca for $74.29 CAN.

68W Advanced Field Craft: Combat Medical Skills

This book has a ton of information and reinforces what I learned in the POD course.

68W means combat medic in United States Army lingo. Just google 68W and do the same on YouTube. There's enough info to keep one reading/watching for a long time.
    Member: CPC, BCWF, CCFR and CSSA.

im in