Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: CSA VZ61 Skorpion .22LR (Restricted)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    I wouldn't be interested in a 18" barrel (or whatever it would take to hit NR length) but if the "stock" could be spot welded open with a 12" threaded barrel, that would be pretty neat.

I Just spoke to CSA, the 22 conversion kits will be available end of the year for export.
    North Sylva, please make this available when they are ready.

CGN Regular
    weld the stock it has open and youd be almost there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leviathan024's Avatar
    So if I had a .32 vz61 I could convert to .22 with an upper change? Can the .22 lower accept the larger caliber upper ?
    WTB: HK45C

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan024 View Post
    So if I had a .32 vz61 I could convert to .22 with an upper change? Can the .22 lower accept the larger caliber upper ?
    Yes, interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by canmic View Post
    The pistol is prohibited several different ways:

1) By OIC so you need to have a 12.5 grandfathered to get around that
    2) It is a converted full auto so you need to have a 12.3 to get around that
    3) It is a .32 acp pistol so you need to have a 12.6 to get around that!

So... basically there's probably only a handful of people who can buy one of the original vz 61s in converted semi form. (I can but who on earth is selling one? LOL)
    Nope, it's much worse than that. The original pistols were prohibited by Kim Campbell in bill C-17 and were NOT grandfathered, so they were confiscated without compensation (see prohibited weapons order#11 for a full list of other designs that were banned but never grandfathered during that time). 12(5) was a different specific class of certain named designs that came about a few years later during C-68. So you'll never see an original prohibited grandfathered Skorpion "pistol" version in civilian hands in Canada. At least, not legally.

Thank god these are considered to be Skorpion "rifles".
    When they came for my Full auto machine gun, no one did a thing, as it didn't affect them. When they came for my Converted auto, they still said nothing. When they came for my Handguns and Semi-autos they were still too scared to say anything. When they came for my single shot bolt-action .22 rifle, there was no one left to help me.
    Is this what we want to see in our future?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canmic View Post
    The pistol is prohibited several different ways:

1) By OIC so you need to have a 12.5 grandfathered to get around that
    2) It is a converted full auto so you need to have a 12.3 to get around that
    3) It is a .32 acp pistol so you need to have a 12.6 to get around that!

So... basically there's probably only a handful of people who can buy one of the original vz 61s in converted semi form. (I can but who on earth is selling one? LOL)
    Yes, but the oic rules all of those. While prohib for the other two reasons, the oic covers all calibre and actions. Plus with none in country under 12 (x) possession due to confiscation for that particular type, pistol mags causing limitation problems for the 22lr model don't exist.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mwjones View Post
    I wouldn't be interested in a 18" barrel (or whatever it would take to hit NR length) but if the "stock" could be spot welded open with a 12" threaded barrel, that would be pretty neat.
    In 22lr you wouldn't need a 18.5 inch barrel as it is rim-fire. You'd need an overall length of 26 inches. With the folding stock modified into the open position permanently you'd only need to add a further 5.6 inches to the barrel. Not funny looking at all with a shroud.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    In 22lr you wouldn't need a 18.5 inch barrel as it is rim-fire. You'd need an overall length of 26 inches. With the folding stock modified into the open position permanently you'd only need to add a further 5.6 inches to the barrel. Not funny looking at all with a shroud.
    Anyone good with photoshop??? ...... My bait to get someone else to do the hard work
    Last edited by norlandgeese; 10-02-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    Mismatch is the new black