Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: CSA VZ61 Skorpion .22LR (Restricted)

Just had mine out to the range last night. I fired about 8 mags though it and had a failure to eject jam it. Not a big deal just opened it up and cleared it. One thing that i am curious about however is the CSA website claims it has bolt hold open. mine however does not seem to do this. the mag has the feature the rifle has a bolt hold open button but it seems there is nothing on the bolt to actually hold it back. Its not a big deal but it is a little frustrating when at the range and you want to leave the action open when you set it on the rifle rack. I guess i am going to have to get a chamber flag for it.

Ive always wanted one of these; ever since i was young. At this pricepoint and .22lr this is the push i need to finally get RPAL. haha!

CGN Regular
    Someone needs to weld the stock and put a short shroud over the barrel so it can be NR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    I've never much cared for the centerfire versions of these, as I've got no interest in stocking the calibers.

But for some reason this seems like a great gun in .22
    Might have to "buy it for the wife".
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    Someone please school me, I have not looked into this much.
    What is the due process in Canada if one is to reconfigure a 22lr firearm like this to meet NR requirements and get it recognized? Is it doable?
    For example to weld the stock in extended position, replace with longer barrel, etc.
    I think this gun will be quite attractive in that configuration, a simple barrel fake-can shroud will that the long barrel oddness away.
    Cheers.
    Once it is registered, it will always be registered and restricted

BUT, if it is imported as non-restricted and no restricted registration cert is ever issued for it, then it is non-restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by canmic View Post
    Once it is registered, it will always be registered and restricted

BUT, if it is imported as non-restricted and no restricted registration cert is ever issued for it, then it is non-restricted.
    Not true... if you put a long barrel on it and it meets the specs for NR it would be non restricted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxAlpha View Post
    I've never much cared for the centerfire versions of these, as I've got no interest in stocking the calibers.

But for some reason this seems like a great gun in .22
    Might have to "buy it for the wife".
    My little brother bought one. It's great fun and runs surprisingly well!!! Hard to find in stock... Hopefully more to come?!?

In 7.65 browning it runs flawlessly. In 22lr, not so much, but still a fun gun to plink with at the range.
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2582
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2576
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2574

Mine works. Jam occasionally while tossing cases straight up...if it aint working, clean it, oil and try high velocity rn

Drooling right now. Never been a fan of these but I want one due to the fact of it being a 20rnd 22lr. These look like a lot fun!

Where can I find one?
    Last edited by jhedsy; 07-27-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    I would tell you a funny welding joke, but all the good ones argon.