Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Enfields should we import them? westrifle.com

They would have to be all original, matching and condition is everything. As with everything in the market pricing is the key.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sgt.rock's Avatar
    91 posts now and no chime in by Westrifle. I guess they will let this thread go off the rails with all the what if's.
    My Grandfather always said " Kid...............if you meet more than one arsehole in a day, chances are you are the arsehole. "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Originally Posted by westrifle

We received an offer to buy 300 Lee Enfields. We are still arguing with a seller about the price. My question is should I import it to Canada or ship it to USA where I can get more money for it? Do you think Canada will pay the high price for those?

I can not reveal the price yet because I don't know if I can drop it down.
    As has been noted, fishing is a fast way to ruin your reputation. Threatening isn't going to make many friends either.

FWIW, there are South Asian No.4 rifles that have a crosspin through the stock. The so-called Ishapore Pin will take away value in a heartbeat. Other than that, good complete matching number rifles, especially with numbered magazines will always sell in Canada. Premiums paid for Long Branches.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

If admitting they would be HIGH PRICED, how much of a demand is there? Need more info before we can say yay or nay.

CGN Regular
    Last Enfields I recall seeing making it to market en masse were the dumping of no.5s about 5 years back. Thinking this may be the tail end of that?

id be interested in one for sure fairly priced of course

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle View Post
    We received an offer to buy 300 Lee Enfields. We are still arguing with a seller about the price. My question is should I import it to Canada or ship it to USA where I can get more money for it? Do you think Canada will pay the high price for those?

I can not reveal the price yet because I don't know if I can drop it down.
    Could these possibly be from the recent announcement by the Canadian Government on Sept.2/2016, to replace 6,800 of the aging Lee-Enfield MK4 of the 'Canadian Rangers'? with Finland’s Sako Tikka .308?

http://www.nunatsiaqonline.ca/storie..._ranger_rifle/

Last decent Enfield I found a handful of years ago was $350.

Is this an offer to price match or price gouge?
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Hmm, okay, I'll bite:

Matching numbers, Long Branch, unmolested, NO to sporterized hack jobs. Bayonet and original cleaning kit = bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by lowenoise View Post
    Could these possibly be from the recent announcement by the Canadian Government on Sept.2/2016, to replace 6,800 of the aging Lee-Enfield MK4 of the 'Canadian Rangers'? with Finland’s Sako Tikka .308?

http://www.nunatsiaqonline.ca/storie..._ranger_rifle/
    Those rifles will not be offered for sale, and are all pretty worn out.