Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ithaca shotguns

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    "tagged for interest" as they say

I love the old 37's enough that I'm considering a new made Featherlight to have an all-in-one clays gun.

The trench would be a blast too...
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slyty View Post
    I'd also take a walnut butt stock for my old 1937
    Like Clay said contact Ithaca. Zak Amert is the Parts Manager 419-294-4113 or zamert@ithacagun.com. Clay can do the parts import for you.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Do they still make the stake-out 37 police ? Harold
    I had this discussion with Dave. They have all the parts for them, but they have been warned by the US State Dept. not to export them to Canada. I did ask Dave also if the Stakeouts had 13" barrels or 14" barrels. He said it depends on how people measure them, but he did say they consider them a 14" barrel.

Diemaco #1 Fanboy

Wondering what a Model 37 Defense 8 shot with wood stock would cost in Can$??
    Thanks,
    sm
    MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Member CCFR

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    I had this discussion with Dave. They have all the parts for them, but they have been warned by the US State Dept. not to export them to Canada. I did ask Dave also if the Stakeouts had 13" barrels or 14" barrels. He said it depends on how people measure them, but he did say they consider them a 14" barrel.
    Because they are not registered at the US State dept to export ITAR goods, if anyone wants one they will have to buy it themselve and find an exporter who is registered at the US State dept to export them.

like i did.

Last edited by McCoy; 10-04-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Because they are not registered at the US State dept to export ITAR goods, if anyone wants one they will have to buy it themselve and find an exporter who is registered at the US State dept to export them.

like i did.

They have to be registered with the US State Dept. or you wouldn't be allow to export your firearm.

Diemaco #1 Fanboy

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    They have to be registered with the US State Dept. or you wouldn't be allow to export your firearm.
    Registering with the DDTC for ITAR is one thing, but you need another license to export certain type of firearm (NFA firearms)

How do you explain that others can export these short barrel shotguns and some can't ?

Why did the US State dept forbade them to export these guns ?

Do they have the proper license to export shotguns with barrel less than 18" ?

From what i know, to export a shotgun with a barrel of 18" and up the manufacturer need an export license from the US dept of Commerce but for a shotgun with a shorter barrel the manufacturer need a license from the US State dept and this license is very costly, that could explain why they can't export these guns.
    Last edited by McCoy; 10-04-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Unfortunately he was/is battling cancer I called that guy 3 times and talked to him. I think his name was Ron he used to work for Ithaca when they were in Ontario.He has a whole shed full of the parts. Problem is he wouldn't take my number and told me to call back in a month, 3 different times.He's was too sick to go out to look for the parts. After 3 months and 3 long distance calls, hopefully he's better. I ended up calling Ithaca back who referred me to him in the first place and told them my dilemma they send me a matching stock pump and barrel right to my door in only 8 days, I have to say I was impressed. But before anyone starts getting all excited, I could have bought a new gun for the price it cost to refurbish my old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    If you contact them, we will do the import. However, there is a guy in ON that bought all the parts decades ago. he might be the first best chance!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    McCoy has it spot on.
    IIRC, the export license fee to pay Uncle Sam for 'sporting arms' is around $7800 on an annual basis for an FFL dealer.
    So it's more for Class III firearms.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    If anybody is interested in an Ithaca firearm, just let us know, will get pricing and ETA. We aren't currently stocking them but we sold four in September alone by special order
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast