Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ithaca shotguns

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    If anybody is interested in an Ithaca firearm, just let us know, will get pricing and ETA. We aren't currently stocking them but we sold four in September alone by special order
    Featherlight model 37 as an upland combo please. Price and eta?
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    Ad mores natura recurrit damnatos, fixa et mutari nescia
    Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
    Fortis fortuna adiuvat

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS9999 View Post
    Featherlight model 37 as an upland combo please. Price and eta?
    What gauge?
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

12 w /30" barrels
    Fortis fortuna adiuvat

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS9999 View Post
    12 w /30" barrels
    ok, will get info in morning. Slug barrel is 24" , of course.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Perfect...thanks!
    Fortis fortuna adiuvat

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    I was looking at a model 37 featherweight in 20 guage with 26" vent rib barrel. Probably more than I can afford right now, but would be curious how much it would be to get one.
    I like guns....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Mine would likely be a Featherlight 12ga 30" vent rib

...or possibly 28" if I went with extended tubes... Anyone know off hand what choke system they use?

Would be awesome if they could put the corncob forend from the Defense gun onto the Featherlight...
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Mine would likely be a Featherlight 12ga 30" vent rib

...or possibly 28" if I went with extended tubes... Anyone know off hand what choke system they use?

Would be awesome if they could put the corncob forend from the Defense gun onto the Featherlight...

They use Briley chokes, I have a 28" Featherlight Waterfowl and love it deeply
    I like guns....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Registering with the DDTC for ITAR is one thing, but you need another license to export certain type of firearm (NFA firearms)

How do you explain that others can export these short barrel shotguns and some can't ?

Why did the US State dept forbade them to export these guns ?

Do they have the proper license to export shotguns with barrel less than 18" ?

From what i know, to export a shotgun with a barrel of 18" and up the manufacturer need an export license from the US dept of Commerce but for a shotgun with a shorter barrel the manufacturer need a license from the US State dept and this license is very costly, that could explain why they can't export these guns.
    Because other importers falsify there export documents. They will just put Ithaca M37 on their DSP83 and hope they don't get called on it by the US State Dept. Clay's a straight shooter and crosses his t's and dots his i's. He would actually completely describes the firearm on a DSP83. He would put Ithaca M37 12 gauge, 13" barrel Stakeout Model for example just because you own one. All his export paper work is done by a reputable law firm that specializes in firearms export and they are fearful of the US State Dept. because if they screw up they will be charged and can face prison time. I actually talked to them before about exporting stuff and my hat goes off to them because they go above and beyond the State Dept. requirements. I did at one point have a discussion with the US State Dept. over some permits and low and behold she starting talking about CGN. She started to list off some of the site sponsors. She never told me the name of the companies because privacy concerns, but she said what cites they are located out of. According to her they only had export permits for half the stuff that was listed on their websites. So they do monitor this stuff and it's all about collecting enough evidence to prosecuted them. That's why I stick with Clay to import stuff.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    Because other importers falsify there export documents. They will just put Ithaca M37 on their DSP83 and hope they don't get called on it by the US State Dept. Clay's a straight shooter and crosses his t's and dots his i's. He would actually completely describes the firearm on a DSP83. He would put Ithaca M37 12 gauge, 13" barrel Stakeout Model for example just because you own one. All his export paper work is done by a reputable law firm that specializes in firearms export and they are fearful of the US State Dept. because if they screw up they will be charged and can face prison time. I actually talked to them before about exporting stuff and my hat goes off to them because they go above and beyond the State Dept. requirements. I did at one point have a discussion with the US State Dept. over some permits and low and behold she starting talking about CGN. She started to list off some of the site sponsors. She never told me the name of the companies because privacy concerns, but she said what cites they are located out of. According to her they only had export permits for half the stuff that was listed on their websites. So they do monitor this stuff and it's all about collecting enough evidence to prosecuted them. That's why I stick with Clay to import stuff.
    Maybe something has changed with Prophet River import/export that I do not know of?

Last I heard PR does not themselves, import into Canada, what is considered Class III firearms from the USA.

Only because the FFL dealer they work with, does not have the permit for USA export of Class III.

Sporting arms yes, but SBRs, SBSs, AOWs, no.

Please prove me wrong.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast