Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USW, KPOS and XMETAL Ammo

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Hey NS,
    Reliability in what regard? I've never had an issue with one, nor have I seen any fail. Now I need to clarify that a little, as I know there have been some problems with folks trying to modify them to work with 34's or 17L's but they just aren't designed for that. Those reliability issues you have read about, have they specified whether they were with a Gen 1 or a Gen 2 version of the KPOS? I'd like to read up a little on that as well, also good to be aware, but from my experience, haven't had a problem. They are in use with government agencies here in CAnada as well.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post

I love the quality of B&T!!!!!!

Looking forward to this
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

That thing is beautiful and love that it won't ever be select fire, no worries about reclassification but too rich for my blood sadly.

KPOS seems bulky by comparison.
    Indeed,
    it ain't over until the nourishment enhanced non male peoplekind sings.
    straightandnarrow

Quote Originally Posted by hisnibs View Post
    That thing is beautiful and love that it won't ever be select fire, no worries about reclassification but too rich for my blood sadly.

KPOS seems bulky by comparison.
    Well the KPOS is bigger but in all fairness you aren't comparing apples to apples with the two.

Well the KPOS is bigger but in all fairness you aren't comparing apples to apples with the two.
    I get that. More like comparing a really nice orange to an apple pie baked by and fed to you by Giada De Laurentiis.

No slights intended, the KPOS is a cool piece of kit, that USW is just slick though.
    Indeed,
    it ain't over until the nourishment enhanced non male peoplekind sings.
    straightandnarrow

Quote Originally Posted by NavyShooter View Post
    Grumpy,

How's the reliability on your KPOS?

I bought my Glock 17 through Wolverine back in 2005, and am pondering a KPOS stock as an accessory. (I was drooling over the Angstadt Arms guns, but reality set in....and an accessory stock for the G-17 might be a better path for me.)

I've done a bit of inter-web research and there's folks that have complained about the reliability of the KPOS.

I love the look, and am trying to scrape together the coinage to purchase one. (I could do it on my Visa today, but I've been trying to pay the damn bill down!)

NS
    Mine came in the mail Monday and I shot it today. It worked flawlessly with a glock 17 - not a single failure in about 200 rounds. I also tested the repeatability of mounting the pistol and the effect on zero. I zeroed a sparc ar, then shot it, took the gun out, put it back in, and shot it. It returned to zero perfectly. I removed and remounted it a second time, and same results. I was extremely pleased.

I owned a B&T tp9 and find the KPOS setup very similar. The guy online who reported reliability problems (short barrelled shepherd) was using a glock 19. The instructions specifically state you have to reverse the teeth that grab the slide as part of the charging handle for the Glock 19. If you don't do this, I imagine you would have reliability problems.

I love the kpos because it gives you a 10 round carbine that you can use as a standalone pistol whenever you want.

I need this thing in my life. Will these be registered as pistols or rifles? Are the mags compatible with anything else?
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." – Bastiat
    Cogito ergo armatus sum

Hey NS,
    Reliability in what regard? I've never had an issue with one, nor have I seen any fail. Now I need to clarify that a little, as I know there have been some problems with folks trying to modify them to work with 34's or 17L's but they just aren't designed for that. Those reliability issues you have read about, have they specified whether they were with a Gen 1 or a Gen 2 version of the KPOS? I'd like to read up a little on that as well, also good to be aware, but from my experience, haven't had a problem. They are in use with government agencies here in CAnada as well.
    Which agencies use the KPOS?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    Hey NS,
    I reviewed the videos and the guy who was complaining about reliability issues was using a G19 with this setup.

He did a comparison between the 'big three' of the pistol chassis systems.

I think that my preference is the smallest of them, which seems to be the KPOS, but I wish I could go hands-on with one before dropping the money on it.

Anyone in the Halifax area have one?

NS
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast