Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Unique insurance can protect gun owners against frivolous charges

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Switched.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Signing up . . it's pathetic that we have to do this, but I'm so very glad we're able to!
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    Quote Originally Posted by kolik1 View Post
    I find it hard to get excited over insurance. While it's nice that such a thing exists, what guarantee do we have that the insurance company(s) isn't going to provide the usual run-around when you try to use it, or flat out refuse.
    If you check the web site you'll see the actual coverage

http://www.firearmlegaldefence.com/w...March-2016.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Signing up . . it's pathetic that we have to do this, but I'm so very glad we're able to!

I agree. I just bought a policy as well.

Under the buy now tab, For Québec province résidents it tells us to Call or email group Cyr and Lyra. But it seems I can still purchase it through the buy now tab since you have to option to chose the Quebec province. What would happen if I proceed and purchase it that way?

I signed up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Correct, the headline is a little misleading as this announcement was as a result of the headlines about Sask farmers carrying firearms with them on a daily basis.
    The original article had an Robarms XCR in a combine as a picture, Funny thing is I doubt given the time of year that a firearms in a combine is a new thing. I think I will also be purchasing this coverage.
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TedNugent View Post
    "Bernardo claims there have been cases where charges have been dropped once the crown discovers the defendant has firearm legal defence insurance."

Wow, that's maddening. How corrupt is our legal system when people are punished by the crown who knows they don't have a case.
    this is noting new and not an issue unique to only cases related to firearms.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    The next addition should be the ability to sue and recoup all court costs against the crown or LEO after having all charges dropped. This may deter many crazy charges.

Having said that I have purchased Capri 3rd party Firearm insurance and feel it is well worth the piece of mind.
    The only way frivolous charges will not get filed in the first place is if the person or persons involved in the filing can be held personally liable for the damages
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    If you check the web site you'll see the actual coverage

http://www.firearmlegaldefence.com/w...March-2016.pdf
    Anyone read the PDF before buying? Also, all Ins Cos. have underwriters, I would be curious to know who is their underwriter. Not trying to be be a d!ck but I always read this sh!t carefully and I just quickly glanced at it so far.