Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Unique insurance can protect gun owners against frivolous charges

CGN Regular
    I have had it for years. one catch, if you knowingly do something illegal they wont cover you. Like perhaps travel or short term storage without getting an ATT or knowingly traveling without your PAL or registration.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    wow, that's cheap !! Sign me UP !!! You cant be without it now a days.
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    ... the vast majority of the population are not able to defend themselves even when there is false accusation ...
    Not what Milgram was referring to, but an odd coincidence as the outcome is the same...and the real criminal element benefits meanwhile from lax sentencing. That's why I call it a legal system, not a justice system.

Quote Originally Posted by HighLiner View Post
    ... they will only insure you if your claim has "reasonable prospects of success". I too would like to hear about first hand cases from forum members.
    Since insurance is something you have and hope never to need, I wouldn't wish the experience on anyone. But I hear what you're saying, more data would be some comfort to those on the fence... I guess that will come with time, at the expense of other peoples' misfortune.

'Reasonable prospect of success' would mean that you have made a good faith effort to obey the letter of the law, and beyond that, to act prudently - which is a reasonable thing to ask. Insurance in any field isn't a license to do as you please. Without insurance, would you do any less? The sponsoring orgs would certainly not advise so.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Your products shelf life is only as good as its customers rating. If they pull cheap shots on claims that'll take 5 seconds to get around the firearms community and then no one buys your policies. ... Even if you just get one hour of lawyer time covered, the policy has paid for itself.
    Good points. The second one is a worst case, and the reason I didn't hesitate to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    Insurgence coverage is cheap, cheap, cheap.
    Was that you, or did autocorrect make a Freudian slip? :P
    Last edited by TriggerTime; 10-05-2016 at 12:01 PM.
    Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.~Thomas Jefferson

CGN frequent flyer thunderflash's Avatar
    Interesting, With an excellent price point!

As the old saying goes ; "Better to Have it & Not need it , than to NEED it & NOT have it"
    "Rifles are better than handguns for fighting. The primary purpose for a handgun is ,to fight your way to a Rifle that you should NOT have put down in the first place " ------- Clint Smith- Owner/ Instructor; Thunder Ranch

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerTime View Post
    Was that you, or did autocorrect make a Freudian slip? :P
    Too funny. Now that you have pointed that out, I'm not sure, lol!
    I will go back and correct the auto correct.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    But if you want to truly understand the policy then you may have to spend a few bucks and speak to an insurance lawyer and get some advice. Normally, I would also recommend speaking to a really, really good insurance broker, but I doubt many are well versed in the in-and-outs of a niche-product like this.

Hire a lawyer to read the fine print ..what a joke...What has our society come too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    i could have used this about 15 years ago so hell ya iam in maybe go and purposely get caught using some of my newly prohibited Ruger 10/22 mags
    I'm sure you're joking, but just in case:

This insurance does not apply to:
    1. Wilful acts
    Any claim resulting from an act which is wilfully committed, and the results of which are consciously intended,
    by you.
    #Originally Posted by#rustyn*t1#

Are you talking about checkers? Snakes and ladders? Trudeau is not smart enough to play chess.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Lee Enfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TedNugent View Post
    "Bernardo claims there have been cases where charges have been dropped once the crown discovers the defendant has firearm legal defence insurance."

Wow, that's maddening. How corrupt is our legal system when people are punished by the crown who knows they don't have a case.
    The ONLY way to stop it is to file counter charges against the crown & police every time it happens.

Unfortunately you will likely have to prosecute the charges through the court system yourself...

And apparently that results in "charges" of "paper terrorism" now in Alberta...
    BSN from the Republic of Alberta

http://www.cartridgecollectors.org/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HighLiner View Post
    I've printed off the policy information to read through later, but just by skimming through the pages I'm already a little bit hesitant by the fact they will only insure you if your claim has "reasonable prospects of success". I too would like to hear about first hand cases from forum members.
    That clause is in regards to appeals, from what I read. So if you get convicted and there is no chance to win an appeal, they won't cover your hopeless appeal. Seems fine to me.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by TedNugent View Post
    I'm sure you're joking, but just in case:

This insurance does not apply to:
    1. Wilful acts
    Any claim resulting from an act which is wilfully committed, and the results of which are consciously intended,
    by you.
    I'm pretty sure CSSA claimed in one of their news letters thst this would cover you if you used a firearm to defend your personal safety or that of your property. That would constitute a willful act I would think. I'll have to check their past news letters.