Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Unique insurance can protect gun owners against frivolous charges

Regarding people that live in the province of Quebec FYI I called Cyr & Lyras and they have merged and are now called LA turquoise. Called them back today and I bought the insurance!
    Last edited by megatron1337; 10-05-2016 at 03:41 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    GOOD NEWS! Firearm Legal Defence is now available in Quebec! Be sure to tell your friends!

If you are a Quebec resident, contact:

Groupe Cyr & Lyras

Toll Free: 1-855-847-1442

info@cyrlyras.ca

Note that online registration is not available for Quebec. Call or e-mail your name and phone number and a representative will personally prepare your application
    Wow, that's good news !

Error
    Last edited by megatron1337; 10-05-2016 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Error

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyg00 View Post
    I'm pretty sure CSSA claimed in one of their news letters thst this would cover you if you used a firearm to defend your personal safety or that of your property. That would constitute a willful act I would think. I'll have to check their past news letters.
    Read here:

http://www.firearmlegaldefence.com/w...nse-insurance/

As always, read the fine print in the policy -

"2. Coverage includes cases where a firearm is used in self defence, the defence of a person under your protection or the defence of your property."

==============================================

About the insurer - What I was able to find:

CAPRI INSURANCE CORP:

Capri Insurance started in Kelowna in March, 1975 with 6 people and a handful of clients. Today Capri Insurance and its' affiliates serve over 100,000 clients with over 280 people in 10 offices throughout the interior of British Columbia (Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Vernon, Penticton, Prince George, Winfield and Westbank) and Ontario. Capri Insurance offers commercial / business insurance, home, auto & travel medical insurance as well as group benefits, wealth management, mortgages & leasing services. Additionally, Capri specializes in program development and administration for many classes of industry. Capri has grown substantially since its' inception because we have stayed in tune with the market and responded to our client's need for competitively priced and innovative products, risk management and excellent service. Capri is a member of the CBN Group who together have launched an online small business liability insurance offering called Bullfrog Insurance to bring customers choice and convenience of purchasing their small business insurance online.

My policy is co-signed by DAS LEGAL PROTECTION - screenshot below

DAS Canada is part of DAS Group, the global market leader in Legal Expense Insurance and a subsidiary of ERGO - the primary insurer of the Munich Re Group. Since opening its doors in Germany in 1928, DAS Group has expanded across Europe and North America, arriving in Canada in 2010.

We are pleased to offer Legal Expense Insurance coverage across all provinces and territories in Canada.

PARENT COMPANY - ERGO:

ERGO is one of the major insurance groups in Germany and Europe. Worldwide, the Group is represented in over 30 countries and concentrates on Europe and Asia. ERGO offers a comprehensive spectrum of insurance, provision and services. In its home market of Germany, ERGO ranks among the leading providers across all segments. About 43,000 people work for the Group, either as salaried employees or as full-time self-employed sales representatives. In 2015, ERGO recorded a premium income of 18 billion euros and rendered benefits to customers of 17 billion euros.

================

Appears legit. I think this insurance is well worth the $95 a year, it's a no-brainer to me. The parent is doing nearly $20 billion a year in premiums. The argument is whether or not they find a way to weasel out of covering you, however as stated before, you can get free legal advice over the phone. Just 20 minutes there and your policy pays for itself.

Last edited by vancouverbc; 10-05-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_r View Post
    Hire a lawyer to read the fine print ..what a joke...What has our society come too.
    It hasn't come to anything. Complex, contractual relationships have existed in the western world for centuries. Many of the contracts cases studied in law school are from the 18th and 19th centuries.
    Many people get advice before entering into contracts with other parties.
    Get advice from an expert or don't. It's up to you...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Regular
    A quick skim through the policy gives me pause, especially the part on collecting personal information. Why would they need the VIN for my car and the IP address of my computer???? Almost no one has a static IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Crouton View Post
    A quick skim through the policy gives me pause, especially the part on collecting personal information. Why would they need the VIN for my car and the IP address of my computer???? Almost no one has a static IP address.
    I just applied for the insurance through the phone and they didn't ask me for my Vin or the IP address of my computer..

Quote Originally Posted by Great Crouton View Post
    they dont collect anything but a name address tel # and email to sell you a policy. See above re concerns of legitimacy

There is fine print in every policy and a way out for any type of insurance company if they so choose to exercise it.
    CCFR — CSSA

Still on the fence? Try my quiz!

Question 1. On the topic of firearms; who do you distrust more?

(a) Insurance Companies.
    (b) Police/Legal System.

The price of insurance is worth the cost of admission, if you are a law abiding and responsible firearm owner. The free legal advice is worth it. The opportunity for covered cost representation is also worth it. It's worth it for the betterment of our community as responsible firearm owners. It's worth it for the awareness it can raise. It's worth it simply for the optic of organized and backed defence it displays. It's worth it for the people it might save from financial and personal ruin in our Pay to Play legal system. Time will tell, through the success or misery of others, whether it's a good value or not.

EDIT: I should caution to the fact that these are just my opinions. They are based on what an average consumer believes insurance should do for them when needed, and I'm no expert at all. The calls for having an independant lawyer review this boutique policy is solid advice. Sometimes things aren't as they appear in instances like these. Protect yourself, before you protect yourself.
    Last edited by Kwattro; 10-05-2016 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    -=Live with integrity. Die with respect.=-

-=Pro Gun. Anti-Violence.=-