Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Durham Outdoors Shipping Policy - WTF?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I was told the same thing, I took 2 min to change my address then changed it back. I have 4 addresses so this always happens, cabelas and wholesale wont ship either.

Either way my T97 got shipped :D

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBaconPancakes View Post
    I was told the same thing, I took 2 min to change my address then changed it back. I have 4 addresses so this always happens, cabelas and wholesale wont ship either.

Either way my T97 got shipped :D
    That just shows how stupid it is.

Definitely inconvenient, but these types of policies are fairly common. Many online retailers will not ship to an address different than the credit card billing address for example.

Quote Originally Posted by ottawastartup View Post
    Definitely inconvenient, but these types of policies are fairly common. Many online retailers will not ship to an address different than the credit card billing address for example.
    I went above and beyond to prove my identity. Credit card and this is apples and oranges. This is a firearm. My addresses are both recorded in a federal registry.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ottawastartup View Post
    It seems he sent them a copy of his att with the addresses on it.
    The issue here seems that the cfc does not allow access to all the addresses on file. The vendor should take this up with the cfc.
    7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Durhamoutdoors View Post
    We only ship to your PAL address, no exception. It is not about NR or R, more for have to confirm that is you are going to make this purchase not somebody else.

By a way, your shipping address is in another province compare to your home address.

I am a gun owner myself, will never make harder for our bros.

It takes you 5 minutes to change your shipping address.
    If his shipping address is in a different province than the address he gave you it would seem all the more important that it gets to where he is and is not left at his door or returned to you because he's not there.
    7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    OP went above & beyond to have to prove/provide what is common sense/needed to have his purchase shipped to where he wants it.. An acknowledged {different} address Listed -with proof-from the CFO. The Store did not Go above, hardly even lateral. It's a "one of" store. Not a Nation wide chain, with many, many locations who have Standardized Policy's & a wide {mostly impersonal} staff base. This should have been given the {personal} service you expect from a smaller retail store. Deal or no deal, it's the small things, in the end, that gain reputation & repeat business.

Wouldn't it have taken less time just to have changed your address on the site as requested? There's a difference between the principal of the thing versus just being stubborn.

The way I see it, all of the worries gun owners have in regards to the police wrongfully confiscating magazines, etc, wrongfully charging people for firearms infractions and even though in the right, end up with loosing their property and/or paying huge legal fees to prove their innocence; your local gun stores have much more to loose if the police accuse them of the slightest infraction.

I understand, you are frustrated with store policy versus legalities, but it doesn't hurt to give the guy a break and jump through a small hoop to give him some peace of mind. We'Re all in this together and I'm sure support from both ends is appreciated by the whole community.

Just my $0.02
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Durhamoutdoors View Post
    We only ship to your PAL address, no exception. It is not about NR or R, more for have to confirm that is you are going to make this purchase not somebody else.

By a way, your shipping address is in another province compare to your home address.

I am a gun owner myself, will never make harder for our bros.

It takes you 5 minutes to change your shipping address.
    Sound policy stick to your guns on this. If someone does not like this buy elsewhere.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

Quote Originally Posted by CravingGlory View Post
    Wouldn't it have taken less time just to have changed your address on the site as requested? There's a difference between the principal of the thing versus just being stubborn.

The way I see it, all of the worries gun owners have in regards to the police wrongfully confiscating magazines, etc, wrongfully charging people for firearms infractions and even though in the right, end up with loosing their property and/or paying huge legal fees to prove their innocence; your local gun stores have much more to loose if the police accuse them of the slightest infraction.

I understand, you are frustrated with store policy versus legalities, but it doesn't hurt to give the guy a break and jump through a small hoop to give him some peace of mind. We'Re all in this together and I'm sure support from both ends is appreciated by the whole community.

Just my $0.02
    I honestly just don't care to do business with companies that add unecessary procedures. It just irks me. If it's something that can be switched within a couple of minutes online it seems silly that it'd mean anything to anyone other than myself.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast