Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2535373839404142434445464748495051525355 ... LastLast

Thread: WR762 rifle

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    For the sake of 50-75,I wouldn't even bother.

If it was 150 yeah sure,but not for that little.

I think people are still under the misconception that this rifle should be $900 like they were a few years ago.

One question though,I'm assuming these are using green mountain AK gunsmith barrels,aren't those available with a phosphate finish?The chrome lining does seem kinda redundant if There's a cheaper,phosphate solution available.
    The thing is that they really should still be $900 rifles. The Canadian dollar hasn't really taken that huge of a hit compared to other currencies and although they are great fun rifles a lot of people just can't justify dropping $1300 or more for one. For those people that really want a VZ pattern rifle for a reasonable price they'll have to wait a year or two until CSA starts pumping them out in large numbers again 'instead of mass producing scorpions for the US'.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman18 View Post
    The thing is that they really should still be $900 rifles. The Canadian dollar hasn't really taken that huge of a hit compared to other currencies and although they are great fun rifles a lot of people just can't justify dropping $1300 or more for one. For those people that really want a VZ pattern rifle for a reasonable price they'll have to wait a year or two until CSA starts pumping them out in large numbers again 'instead of mass producing scorpions for the US'.
    Dollar has taken a pretty large drop considering we used to be almost par with the US,also factor in the cost of rising shipping,brokerage,wages,etc,prices of eveything has gone up.

I'm actually surprised these being Canadian made are not more expensive then they are.

The CSA rifles are going for the same prices as a CZ Right now,I doubt they will take a drop in price.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Dollar has taken a pretty large drop considering we used to be almost par with the US,also factor in the cost of rising shipping,brokerage,wages,etc,prices of eveything has gone up.

I'm actually surprised these being Canadian made are not more expensive then they are.

The CSA rifles are going for the same prices as a CZ Right now,I doubt they will take a drop in price.
    Considering the last CSAs were selling for what, $1100+, I highly doubt they will be any cheaper than that in the future unless the Canadian dollar makes big gains (which its not going to in the short term) and likely more expensive. If you buy the Canadian made one, even if its a bit more expensive, at least that money is staying in the country to continue to circulate in the economy (some studies have suggested buying local has up to 5x the impact on the economy, because you buy local, that store/company pays their employees with that money, which their employees go spend on groceries, then the grocery store pays their employees who go spend it at the liquor store.... You get the point.)
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Considering the last CSAs were selling for what, $1100+, I highly doubt they will be any cheaper than that in the future unless the Canadian dollar makes big gains (which its not going to in the short term) and likely more expensive. If you buy the Canadian made one, even if its a bit more expensive, at least that money is staying in the country to continue to circulate in the economy (some studies have suggested buying local has up to 5x the impact on the economy, because you buy local, that store/company pays their employees with that money, which their employees go spend on groceries, then the grocery store pays their employees who go spend it at the liquor store.... You get the point.)
    I think we're saying the exact same thing here,glad to see someone actually understands the ramifications of keeping cash within our borders if at all possible
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    CSA are in hault because they run out of surplus parts. Not because of any other reason ( I have talked to CSA on the show)

Chrome lined barrel are not available right now and the ones that available are 275 dollars. That is very steap.

As to 900 dollars rifle I wish I could offer that. I wish I could come back to 10 year ago prices and sell for 650.00 the truth is prices are only going up around the world and for me to explain why we are higher in price is just too much time that I will spend ( I can spend this time on finishing this rifle)

People want to have this rifle cheaper that is why I offered without nitriding.

Any feedback is good

Al

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    CSA are in hault because they run out of surplus parts. Not because of any other reason ( I have talked to CSA on the show)

Chrome lined barrel are not available right now and the ones that available are 275 dollars. That is very steap.

As to 900 dollars rifle I wish I could offer that. I wish I could come back to 10 year ago prices and sell for 650.00 the truth is prices are only going up around the world and for me to explain why we are higher in price is just too much time that I will spend ( I can spend this time on finishing this rifle)

People want to have this rifle cheaper that is why I offered without nitriding.

Any feedback is good

Al
    Not trying to bash you at all WestRifle, your awesome for making these in Canada. Every source I've looked at says CSA VZ's are newly manufactured not surplus parts guns, unlike the CZ's. For the people on a tight budget they'll have to wait till CSA is done with there Scorpion run to get a close to $1000 dollar VZ. I can totally understand why you can't bring your prices down and I'm sure everyone would love to buy Canadian but it just can't happen for the tighter budget people.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    tagged for interest .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    We are still looking into idea of making this rifle cheaper. One of the buyer wanted it cheaper and suggested to make it non chrome lined since barrel is screwed onto the rifle. Cost wise it is 50-75 dollars cheaper on the barrel
    Feedback is appreciated
    I'm basing my opinions solely on the pictures shown so I'm probably out to lunch with most of my suggestions. I'm assuming CNC milled, built completely from scratch and not supposed to be an exact VZ replica.

1. Switch to pinned barrels. If we're only going to stick with 7.62x39 only then pinned would reduce machining time for threading the receiver and barrel.

2. Mill straight through the "bump" around the magwell. On the side profile pictures, I noticed that there is a bumped up portion of the receiver. If its not critical to the structure of the receiver, save more machining time by programming it out. If it costs more to go through it, pull it closer to the pistol grip, just before trigger pin, to reduce amount of material your bit has to chew through. Also lighter or heavier.

3. Remove the lightening oval cut on rear sight. Reduce machining time and isn't found on original.

4. Remove front sight. Optics only model. Also a model where people can utilize their rail accessories with after market sights.

5. Remove sling ring by gas block. Reduce machining time and material cost. If people are planning to get no furniture models to add their own, probably not necessary.

That's all I can think of. Not getting to actually look at one makes it had to determine things. I'm probably out to lunch on most of these things, though.

CGN Regular
    I would easily pay that if it were 7.62x54R.

CGN Regular
    And then you would break into the entire Mosin-Nagant crowd who doesn't want to stock pile x39.