Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3444464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: WR762 rifle

Expired Business Member
    You must understand that building a rifle is a very hard thing. This project took in total 3 years. Lack of information was due to changes that were done along the way.

There is many producers on the market that keep things shushuntil they release it to the world at shot show.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchild2071 View Post
    Similar to the T81, the lack of information until up to this point, has skewed my choices.

I've been working to build up a collection of 7.62 x 39, that were either able to fit common mags, or at most, two mags, within the rifle.

Little responses to asked questions for either rifle.

Building the family collection with 7.62 x 51 now, instead. Still love this rifle style, but I've managed to do what I wanted, in x51 all on common mags.

Still on the list for future purchase, however. Just lost its priority ranking.

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Al,

I am willing to bet there are 100 nuances, I know nothing about. Your original announcements on this rifle, had me stoked, assuredly. As a matter of fact, I likely still am as stoked as then. Why? You have brought to market a rifle with Canadian industry. I will invest in one, and likely more, in the foreseeable future. I think what you have done, is GREAT.

As for the other, who is bringing in a T81, I'm sticking to my guns, so to say, for not purchases ever from them, again. And no more pre-orders.

I broke my resolve on the pre-order front, for a rifle that is now also, produced, NR, in x51. The lack of your rifle and the T81, along with little info, had me slide to x51.

My goal was to outfit my family like a platoon. I want us all able to be in same calibre, and common mags. I have been able to build that in x51, rather easily, and the recent addition to the x51 market, has just added icing to the cake.

The WR 762, UNLIKE the T81, remains in my sights. Bottom line, I am a 7.62 fan. From carrying the FN in my days. I'm good with x51 (heavily preferred) or x39 (happily accepted alternate). I've never been able to be attracted to the .223/5.56 game. Less than 0 interest in that calibre. I LIKE 7.62

WR762 is Canadian made, not Chinese. Suits my mag requirements (wants). Is sexy (you can stamp WESTRIFLE into mine when I order, I don't care), and did I say Canadian made? T81 will never be in my collection. Before I buy a EE CZ, I will be buying a WR762.

For the same reason I bought into the NEA 102, CANADIAN.

I love what you have done. But I'm an addict, and have spent far too much this year, already on firearms. You have created one of the two rifles that will be getting my future dollars, so I can invest in Canadians. Overall, that will make a brighter firearms future for all Canadians - supporting Canadian industry.

I only hope that the total marketplace sees your rifle as what it is, a GREAT addition to Canadian firearms; so that production can keep rolling. I want to see a WR success story out of this. And I assure you that I will order from WR, unless I find a local mom and pop shop near me, that retails it, on the shelf.

My apologies if my previous post read like I was crapping on WR. Re-reading it, it kinda reads that way. Was not my intent.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    It is WestRifle.com Product and yes it is stamped like that. It also has a canadian flag on it and made in Canada.

Why does it matter may I ask?
    But why so huge? Lettering for West Rifle and Made in Canada is just way too big, way too ugly. Kills the gun for me. Disappointing.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkyPlinker View Post
    But why so huge? Lettering for West Rifle and Made in Canada is just way too big, way too ugly. Kills the gun for me. Disappointing.
    I can make one without West Rifle on it if it makes you happy and for future I can remove it as well. I have to keep made in Canada on a receiver as long as it is made in Canada. Sorry it is the Law.

I am here to listen to people.

PS even with West Rifle market on it. It is selling out so fast. 90 % of the sales went to BC dealers for now.
    For next batch please contact us (dealers) to pre order at master@westrifle.com

I think this is a great thing to bring to the Canadian market and it also runs a couple hundred less than the CSA versions, hopefully their accuracy and reliability are on point then I may just have to pick one up

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam134 View Post
    I think this is a great thing to bring to the Canadian market and it also runs a couple hundred less than the CSA versions, hopefully their accuracy and reliability are on point then I may just have to pick one up
    I am sure there is going to be a review done this week by some people who will buy it. Also I believe Caliber Magazine and Hunting Gear Guy wants to do a review as well.

This is just the beginning for this rifle. It has been tested by us and soon will be tested by Hunting community in Canada.

We also have a version for USA market and it will be presented at the shot show 2018 for the whole world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Hi WR. Great things you did making this rifle. I wanna ask why did you decide to omit the chromed barrel ? How much cost increment will a chromed barrel result ?

Expired Business Member
    No offence taken. It is only been released to the market for 2 days and I got over 100 emails when I just woke up. Dealers and public want to know more about this rifle. Mostly people who read CGN. When it is reviewed by huntinggearguy.com or article is printed by Caliber Magazine I believe I will have 1000 emails and not just from Canada.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchild2071 View Post
    Al,

I am willing to bet there are 100 nuances, I know nothing about. Your original announcements on this rifle, had me stoked, assuredly. As a matter of fact, I likely still am as stoked as then. Why? You have brought to market a rifle with Canadian industry. I will invest in one, and likely more, in the foreseeable future. I think what you have done, is GREAT.

As for the other, who is bringing in a T81, I'm sticking to my guns, so to say, for not purchases ever from them, again. And no more pre-orders.

I broke my resolve on the pre-order front, for a rifle that is now also, produced, NR, in x51. The lack of your rifle and the T81, along with little info, had me slide to x51.

My goal was to outfit my family like a platoon. I want us all able to be in same calibre, and common mags. I have been able to build that in x51, rather easily, and the recent addition to the x51 market, has just added icing to the cake.

The WR 762, UNLIKE the T81, remains in my sights. Bottom line, I am a 7.62 fan. From carrying the FN in my days. I'm good with x51 (heavily preferred) or x39 (happily accepted alternate). I've never been able to be attracted to the .223/5.56 game. Less than 0 interest in that calibre. I LIKE 7.62

WR762 is Canadian made, not Chinese. Suits my mag requirements (wants). Is sexy (you can stamp WESTRIFLE into mine when I order, I don't care), and did I say Canadian made? T81 will never be in my collection. Before I buy a EE CZ, I will be buying a WR762.

For the same reason I bought into the NEA 102, CANADIAN.

I love what you have done. But I'm an addict, and have spent far too much this year, already on firearms. You have created one of the two rifles that will be getting my future dollars, so I can invest in Canadians. Overall, that will make a brighter firearms future for all Canadians - supporting Canadian industry.

I only hope that the total marketplace sees your rifle as what it is, a GREAT addition to Canadian firearms; so that production can keep rolling. I want to see a WR success story out of this. And I assure you that I will order from WR, unless I find a local mom and pop shop near me, that retails it, on the shelf.

My apologies if my previous post read like I was crapping on WR. Re-reading it, it kinda reads that way. Was not my intent.

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    I am sure there is going to be a review done this week by some people who will buy it. Also I believe Caliber Magazine and Hunting Gear Guy wants to do a review as well.

This is just the beginning for this rifle. It has been tested by us and soon will be tested by Hunting community in Canada.

We also have a version for USA market and it will be presented at the shot show 2018 for the whole world.
    That's absolutely fantastic news! I can't wait to check it out. Again congratulations on the accomplishment

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    Hi WR. Great things you did making this rifle. I wanna ask why did you decide to omit the chromed barrel ? How much cost increment will a chromed barrel result ?
    Chrome Barrel would have to be done overseas. Cost wise it is 160 to 200 more for Chrome Barrel. Also it is factors like export permit 90 days minimum, then it is customs and duty.

We still have not gave up on it. It will be another 6 month for us to test the quality of the chrome barrel and also see if we need any changes. Anything made in Canada takes faster than parts made outside of Canada