Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: WR762 rifle

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    Yes! Push the gasblock out and lengthen the piston so it doesn't look so goofy!
    There could be a lot of issues with that, gas port pressure curve, timing, more stress on the piston and return spring etc.

Better to just lengthen the handguard.
    Canada is done, save the West.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gnome75's Avatar
    I would like to see a charging handle on the left side or better yet make it you could unscrew it and put it on which ever side the owner wants

I would also like to see a ghost ring or peep sight on it. the open V notch sights kinda suck

I would want to see a last shot hold open. Don't care how it is done if not I can deal with it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    I was thinking it would lower gas port pressure and reduce stress on the system.

Make a version in 5.56 that can take STANAG mags and I would buy one!
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    (John 3:16)

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Don't international patents last like 20 years and afterwards it's free game?
    I would be curious if VZ-58 has ever been patented, maybe, maybe not but I know for sure(since I grew up in there) the commies weren't big on patents and never understood the patent concept well. To them, any idea or creation was nation's property. CZ-75's trigger system is a classic example, unique, ingenious yet never patented.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IMR4320 View Post
    I would be curious if VZ-58 has ever been patented, maybe, maybe not but I know for sure(since I grew up in there) the commies weren't big on patents and never understood the patent concept well. To them, any idea or creation was nation's property. CZ-75's trigger system is a classic example, unique, ingenious yet never patented.
    And that right there is probably why the Italians, Turkish and Chinese copied them
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

I was thinking it would lower gas port pressure and reduce stress on the system.
    Maybe, if you don't end up having to upsize the port to compensate?

I'm no engineer or nuthin', but I'd be a little worried about the effects of lengthening that relatively skinny piston also.

None of these issues are bound to be showstoppers, but may take development efforts that WR might not want to get into.
    Canada is done, save the West.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong, I'm no expert either so this is merely my best guess. I was just figured it would be akin to shooting a carbine gas system vs a midlength on an AR15. I'm also aware of the cost and headache involved to get something like this right - just figured I'd throw it out there on the off chance WR might try it out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no expert either so this is merely my best guess. I was just figured it would be akin to shooting a carbine gas system vs a midlength on an AR15. I'm also aware of the cost and headache involved to get something like this right - just figured I'd throw it out there on the off chance WR might try it out.
    A proper upgrade would be adding an adjustable gas port, like on a SCAR. Far more practical than extending the entire gas system and piston for no reason.

Some builders in the states have offered the option of buying just a rifle with no furniture, maybe consider that as an option?
    Also, will you consider selling the receivers separately?