Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 334345464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: WR762 rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    We are producers of WR762 who contracted Kodiak Defence to make it. We deserve to have our name on it same as "dodge" on Dodge Ram truck

Without Westrifle there would not be WR762. WR stands for West Rifle
    Thanks for making it happen.
    Sounds like Kodiak Defense is the producer and West Rifle is the project leader.

Maybe post a picture of the markings? To me it's not the end of the world but I can see where not everyone would be stocked on the .com thing......
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Regular
    Is there a chance you guys would ever offer a left side charging handle for the bolt carrier?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    Damn. Well I won't be buying based just on that.

It's like when I buy a Car. It's OK if it says "Dodge Ram" on it, that's what it is. I don't want it to also have a giant decal on the tailgate that says "Billy Bob's Dodge Dealership".

WR7.62 was plenty. It I wanted your store's name plastered all over it, I'd ask for that as a consumer (I don't). This is one step less than a giant UN laser-etching down the length of the barrel. Yuck.
    Thank you for your opinion first I am going to clarify something Original prototype had westrifle on it. Not the full run. Rifle you purchase will not have westrifle engrave on it . Should I expect order from you Claven2?
    Now we ask Kodiak to engrave it and we are keeping that rifle. Our rifle, our engraving . And it is not Yuck it is super sexy rifle and I love it and I will keep it!
    Last edited by westrifle; 07-29-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by upinsmokeweldinginc View Post
    Is there a chance you guys would ever offer a left side charging handle for the bolt carrier?
    We will look into it, being left handed my self I feel you brother.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    that's really too bad...I know myself and many other who would buy that in the blink of eye, but won't purchase a complete rifle...is there a reason why a few extra receivers can't be mated to a barrel and sold as is?
    Cannot offer stripped receiver separately do to the fact that they will not fit with original 858 barrels. As the post says this is Canadian made rifle and barrels with surplus parts from original 858, not all of them but 99% are original VZ 58 parts. Receiver made specifically to comply with CDN law and trigger too.
    I guess the point is it is useless to you if you have original 858 it has to be modify by Kodiak Defence.
    Our goal is to make it 100% Canadian made but I am sure you did not want to wait for it another 3 years or so.
    Last edited by westrifle; 07-29-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle View Post
    Cannot offer stripped receiver separately do to the fact that they will not fit with original 858 barrels. As the post says this is Canadian made rifle and barrels with surplus parts from original 858, not all of them but 99% are original VZ 58 parts. Receiver made specifically to comply with CDN law and trigger too.
    I guess the point is it is useless to you if you have original 858 it has to be modify by Kodiak Defence.
    Our goal is to make it 100% Canadian made but I am sure you did not want to wait for it another 3 years or so.
    can you show inside reciever/ magwell

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle View Post
    Cannot offer stripped receiver separately...
    Sounds reasonable - any chance of getting one without the furniture (stock, grip and handguards)? I'd be planning to add aftermarket options for all three and would prefer to save the money up front.

CGN Regular
    I would take a barreled receiver with the trigger bits if that is different...bolt/carrier, dust cover , sight block, and furniture mounting is the same, yes?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I am special so I want it my way, with Zombie Killer for a name or else.... waa, waa, waa......

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Similar to the T81, the lack of information until up to this point, has skewed my choices.

I've been working to build up a collection of 7.62 x 39, that were either able to fit common mags, or at most, two mags, within the rifle.

Little responses to asked questions for either rifle.

Building the family collection with 7.62 x 51 now, instead. Still love this rifle style, but I've managed to do what I wanted, in x51 all on common mags.

Still on the list for future purchase, however. Just lost its priority ranking.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!