Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2636383940414243444546474849505152535456 ... LastLast

Thread: WR762 rifle

Quote Originally Posted by a0jc View Post
    I'm basing my opinions solely on the pictures shown so I'm probably out to lunch with most of my suggestions. I'm assuming CNC milled, built completely from scratch and not supposed to be an exact VZ replica.

1. Switch to pinned barrels. If we're only going to stick with 7.62x39 only then pinned would reduce machining time for threading the receiver and barrel.

2. Mill straight through the "bump" around the magwell. On the side profile pictures, I noticed that there is a bumped up portion of the receiver. If its not critical to the structure of the receiver, save more machining time by programming it out. If it costs more to go through it, pull it closer to the pistol grip, just before trigger pin, to reduce amount of material your bit has to chew through. Also lighter or heavier.

3. Remove the lightening oval cut on rear sight. Reduce machining time and isn't found on original.

4. Remove front sight. Optics only model. Also a model where people can utilize their rail accessories with after market sights.

5. Remove sling ring by gas block. Reduce machining time and material cost. If people are planning to get no furniture models to add their own, probably not necessary.

That's all I can think of. Not getting to actually look at one makes it had to determine things. I'm probably out to lunch on most of these things, though.
    1."pinned barrels" are press fit,which is very time consuming in the assembly phase,just watch an Ak barrel install and you'll see wha I'm talking about.

2.the amount of time saved by removing those features would be pretty minimal,and visually ugly...basically just a big slab of material,not to mention the time has already spent to design these features,adding more man hours into removing them would cost more.

3.again the amount of time required to make that is not worth mentioning

4.this would add cost because someone would have to design a gas block,and the factory one does not interfere with any sights you would install on a railed bolt cover or top rail.

5.again that small loop is a minuscule cost time saver during machining,and where else would you attach a sling on these ?

I've ran my CZH in a bunch of diffrent configurations,and the only complaint I ever had was not having a left side bolt handle so I could keep a sight picture while changing mags.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Regular
    7.62x25 pistol calibre carbine perhaps?

CZ and CSA are two different companies, CZ being the one making the EVO/scorpion pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Erickson5006 View Post
    I would easily pay that if it were 7.62x54R.
    The guns are getting delivered end of the month in 7.62x39 we are well past the random caliber suggestions part of this thread.

congrats Westrilfe on seeign this project throught, might pick one up when they are in stock.
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    I still don't if ammo if available in 5.45x39

We are still looking into idea of making this rifle cheaper. One of the buyer wanted it cheaper and suggested to make it non chrome lined since barrel is screwed onto the rifle. Cost wise it is 50-75 dollars cheaper on the barrel
    Feedback is appreciated
    5.45x39 is available in Canada, albeit in limited quantities.

http://www.theammosource.com/index.p...oducts_id=2188

Anyway, I don't see the point in saving a few nickels and dimes by not having the barrel nitrided.
    Canada is done, save the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake1911 View Post
    This is excellent!! 4140 is a great material!
    Once these are sold will there be more available?
    Any chance of something like this?Attachment 83124
    Yeah, I like this style.

Expired Business Member
    Ok we have the rifle tested and we decided to go to Chrome Barrel and go beck to original style VZ 58 18.6 inches pressed in barrel

Al

Expired Business Member
    If you go to that linked it is sold out
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by 870P View Post
    5.45x39 is available in Canada, albeit in limited quantities.

http://www.theammosource.com/index.p...oducts_id=2188

Anyway, I don't see the point in saving a few nickels and dimes by not having the barrel nitrided.

Expired Business Member
    Working on that project as well. Let me deliver first run of WR762
    Al

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    Working on that project as well. Let me deliver first run of WR762
    Al
    Wonderful, I will buy both!

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Bruh if you guys made an M1 Carbine that used TT33 mags (not my idea, got from someone else in the milsurp forum) I would be all over a NR version. GIMME SUM DAT
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.