Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Will we ever see another Boberg?

CGN Regular
    I'm holding out for a 6" barrelled 10mm version. Yes, I am a patient man.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    I'm holding out for a 6" barrelled 10mm version. Yes, I am a patient man.
    Good thing!
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

This is one of the most innovative firearms ive seen in a while and has potential. A great idea of thinking outside the box and I wonder how well this idea would work in a rifle?
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by horkz View Post
    This is one of the most innovative firearms ive seen in a while and has potential. A great idea of thinking outside the box and I wonder how well this idea would work in a rifle?
    With modern day with bullpup designs like the Tavor to keep the rifle short I'm not sure of it's practicality, other than the ability to make the bullpup design so short the magazine would be underneath your armpit or make the grip the magazine well (assuming short enough calibers).

It is actually a fairly old concept. Someone can also comment on the actual 'locking block' style handgun with 'reversed cartridge into the magazine' it was copied from. There are several machine gun designs that pull the rounds from a non-linked belt that you can use for the action design example, such as the MG42:

Last edited by Aniest; 12-31-2017 at 06:45 PM. Reason: added video
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

I'm hoping BA never comes out with the 4.2". My XR9-L will be worth $4000 in a decade.

Then again I wouldn't mind having the BA version.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Do you actually have this gun? Or are you just postering?

They are interesting, but for the price i dont want to fiddle with something that'll be finicky. I'll leave that for the $300 guns...
    I have one and shot handloads you have to have a good crimp when you do no issues

Life member, NRA, NFA,CFSS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    There is something familiar about this design... maybe Ernie Boberg used some ideas from it (trying to be classy with my bump on this topic):

Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerguy View Post
    I think it's about time I send another email to bond arms asking for a Canadian length model. I'm sure Wanstalls would be more persuading though.
    I usually write them about once a month (getting to be that time again). Maybe if we all do it, we might get somewhere.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    He'll id be happy if I could just find a firing pin spring and someone who knows how to disassemble the mechanism!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234