Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will we ever see another Boberg?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Just placing this here, relevant to the topic:

"Bond BullPup9 First Impressions: IN THE WILD (Raw Footage)" by Hank Strange on Full 30 video feed:

https://www.full30.com/video/e19f6bb...6707860b359273
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    I think it's about time I send another email to bond arms asking for a Canadian length model. I'm sure Wanstalls would be more persuading though.

Any update on this Gary? When you will sell boberg again?

Expried Business Member
    Would expect SHOT Show 2018 to hopefully supply us some answers, will have to stop by the booth and ask about a Canadian legal model

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I've read on US sites that the BullPup9 has improvements over the original Boberg such as better heat treating and "hi tech coatings that eliminate the need to grease internals every 30-50 rounds". Anyone know about this greasing requirement on the original Boberg? That would be a turn off to me.
    Last edited by sailor723; 12-31-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    I've read on US sites that the BullPup9 has improvements over the original Boberg such as better heat treating and "hi tech coatings that eliminate the need to grease internals every 30-50 rounds". Anyone know about this greasing requirement on the original Boberg?
    Had to use anti-seize on a frequent basis.
    Messy and inconvenient.
    Last edited by bsrcuda; 12-31-2017 at 11:51 AM. Reason: more info

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsrcuda View Post
    Had to use anti-seize on a frequent basis.
    Messy and inconvenient.
    There is one on the EE right now (steep price). It sounds to me like it would make more sense to wait and see if Bond Arms will resume production of the "L" model with the improvements.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Anyone know about this greasing requirement on the original Boberg? That would be a turn off to me.
    What Ernie Boberg calls the "Unlock Block" in the manual requires it to be coated in anti-seize grease at all times: is an aluminum block moving against steel. I believe that the claim of "30-50" rounds is only to make the Bond Arms version sound better. The Boberg is an amazing art of machining with its strengths (compact) and weakness (light crimp ammo), but much like the 1911 vs Glock debate, there are a lot of lies and unsupported opinions. I take other firearms to the range so I don't go specifically with my Boberg only, but I usually change the grease on the "unlock block" when it looks dirty: maybe every 150-200 rounds.

One has to remember that the Boberg 9mm and 45ACP were designed to be "light practice & self protection" tools, not for extended range sessions in high heat (although I have done it without issues that were not ammo related).

Yes, we need to get another Canadian version soon! Although, my Boberg version will not be going anywhere any time soon.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

I'd love to see another 'L' version that is Canadian legal but i'm not too optimistic. In the US, basically all of the demand is for the short version. Don't know how much it would be to do a run of the longer version, though. Could be simple I suppose.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    I would also like to see another 4.2" model

Heck, I would be interested in a 5" lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast