Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Firearms Disposal/ Removal, Please Share With Your Loved Ones

A far better alternative than the RCMP melting them into slag.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leviathan024's Avatar
    Excellent post. This removal site needs links to social media so it can be shared easier
    WTB: HK45C

Great idea!

CGN Regular
    Great post Nick!

I'd get the word out if anyone else I knew owned guns Makes me sad whenever I see them show off a huge pile of usually old and probably interesting guns getting destroyed.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    It's not an unreasonable question when a business asks you and me to "share this with our loved ones" in the context of "historical and sentimental value, collector and museum condition." There is a long history of dealers lying outright about a gun's value to bereaved family members and then turning a massive profit on it. Dealers even have a name for them; "widows guns."
    I can't comment on what other dealers have done, but I can say that in all my dealings with Shane and the crew at Reliable I have been very happy. If I felt I'd ever been dicked around by them, I'd be making noise about it. But, they've been consistently honourable and fair in my experience over the last >10 years that I've been frequenting their shop and the 10's of thousands of dollars worth of transactions. I think this has everything to do with the character of the family that owns the business: They come across as good people. I never once got the feeling that they were out to "hustle", "wheel and deal" or "grind".

Anyway, if anyone did want to use their firearms removal/disposal service and was paranoid about fair pricing; just put the firearm on consignment. The folks at Reliable would take their cut for dealing with the sale and the owner should feel more secure about the selling price knowing that Reliable has a vested interest in making sure the sale price is not too low given that they are paid on a % commission.

This is a great idea and service which in many cases will solve some complex issues. It brings to mind another question; I'm sure it is answered somewhere so please direct me to the thread......Is there NO way that a prohibited, restricted, or any firearms can be rendered disabled and then left in the possession of anyone who has no interest in 'guns'. I can imagine the disabling would need to be verified and done by someone 'authorized '

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    On several occasions I have thwarted unscrupulous dealers who were trying to screw over widows on valuable firearms. Understanding that you have a business to run and must make a profit does Reliable pay what a neutral third party observer would consider a fair price to people who use the service?
    Let a business make profit and pay their employees or let the rcmp destroy the firearms (the whole rcmp process is paid by taxpayers)...
    Hard choices!
    What?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I am not certain there is anything more damaging to the relationship between law enforcement and gun owners than this tragic plague.
    Glad to see someone is making a difference.
    #Originally Posted by#rustyn*t1#

Are you talking about checkers? Snakes and ladders? Trudeau is not smart enough to play chess.

Excellent idea. Important issue for us. Thank-you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trimmer 905's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    Oh, so you're outright accusing them of taking advantage of people. Got it.
    Some business owners are absolutely unscrupulous,without doubt,usually the pawn shop type. It's simply a fact of life. Most local gun shops that handle these types of deals value their reputations and integrity which would be instantly and irreparably trashed if they stooped to that level.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast