Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Firearms Disposal/ Removal, Please Share With Your Loved Ones

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbrad View Post
    Where were aspertions cast?...... I dont see it
    "On several occasions I have thwarted unscrupulous dealers who were trying to screw over widows on valuable firearms. Understanding that you have a business to run and must make a profit does Reliable pay what a neutral third party observer would consider a fair price to people who use the service?"

Right there ^

He makes 2 statements "I've seen dealers screw people before." Followed by "Prove you aren't going to do the same."

Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    "On several occasions I have thwarted unscrupulous dealers who were trying to screw over widows on valuable firearms. Understanding that you have a business to run and must make a profit does Reliable pay what a neutral third party observer would consider a fair price to people who use the service?"

Right there ^

He makes 2 statements "I've seen dealers screw people before." Followed by "Prove you aren't going to do the same."
    I didn't make either of the statements you placed in quotes. Those are your interpretation of my questions.

I'll stand by anything I actually say whether here or in person. But don't make up quotes and attribute them to someone unless wish to be mistaken for a reporter at the CBC or Toronto Star.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    I didn't make either of the statements you placed in quotes. Those are your interpretation of my questions.

I'll stand by anything I actually say whether here or in person. But don't make up quotes and attribute them to someone unless wish to be mistaken for a reporter at the CBC or Toronto Star.
    So if you believe Reliable wouldn't do something like that, what was your purpose of asking?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post

I think it is a fair interpretation of your posts to say that you have questioned the integrity of Reliable Gun and Tackle and I think you or anyone is entitled to ask that question about someone or a business that you don't have any experience with. You've stated that you've dealt with unscrupulous dealers in the past and that seems to have made you cautious and distrustful.

But, you've now heard from a number of 3rd parties who have interacted with Reliable and vouch for their integrity. And, there has been an absence of any posts impugning their reputation other than a broad-brush generalization from scott_r(who doesn't mention any first hand knowledge or experience with Reliable) that I'll paraphrase as him saying that all businesses are evil and predatory.

Anyway, I don't expect you to take my word for it and I can't tell you to respect the other endorsements that Reliable has received from others. But, if at this point you continue to question Reliable's integrity based only on your past experience with unrelated people, then in my mind you're just going to come across as a "hater" with a chip on your shoulder aimed at people who make a living buying & selling guns.

If on the other hand you are now comfortable saying something like "I guess they aren't the same as those other guys I dealt with in the past" or even just something neutral like "I don't have enough personal, direct experience with them to judge them", then my personal opinion of you would be that you are a rational and reasonable man.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for the wonderful feedback from this post.

I've watched for the last few days to see where the comments would lead. I think some very valuable points have been brought up from a number of people. Also, it is always very humbling when hearing the positive feedback from those of you that we have had the pleasure of dealing with so far.

We also completely understand any hesitation from those of you that have dealt with less than credible people. That is an honest concern in any industry. You will always have those that prey on the innocent or niave, and that is exactly what we are trying to combat.

We, at Reliable Gun, do our best to act with integrity each and every day, as we know that it is essential in lasting success. I know many other dealers here in Canada that we also, without hesitation, would recommend and have known for many years (many even decades). Those "unscrupulous dealers" do not last. They look for short term gains and hope that it doesn't catch up with them.

One of the things I really feel proud of in the CGN community is that we are a "take no s**t" community and if ever there was a problem, it could not be hidden.

Firearmsdisposal.ca was created genuinely as a service for those in need. We receive calls every day from people all over the country looking for this information, usually unaware of their options. We want to get the word out to prevent them from having the guns destroyed. We do buy them at a wholesale pricing basis if we are going to pay them outright, but mostly if people are in no rush we suggest consignment. They sell for true market pricing and our consignment fee is 20% for firearms over $250, therefore being fully transparent.

Essentially what we want is to create an awareness so that when we are gone, our families know how to approach our collections.

Should anyone have any questions, feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Best regards,
    Nicholas Chee
    FIND US ON FACEBOOK OR FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

Ph: 604 874 4710 Fax: 604 874 4712
    Toll Free 1 800 407 5224
    3227 Fraser Street • Vancouver • BC • V5V 4B8
    Hours of Store: Tuesday - Friday 9 - 5:30 PM
    Saturday 9 - 5 PM
    EMAIL: orders@reliablegun.com
    http://www.reliablegun.com

Full Line direct dealer for
    Remington, Marlin, Browning, Bushnell, Tikka, Sako, Beretta, Benelli, Savage Arms, Ruger, NightForce, Trijicon, PWS, Nikon, Kel-Tec, Fenix Flashlights, Kent Cartridges and MANY MORE

Quote Originally Posted by grox6 View Post
    I think it is a fair interpretation of your posts to say that you have questioned the integrity of Reliable Gun and Tackle and I think you or anyone is entitled to ask that question about someone or a business that you don't have any experience with. You've stated that you've dealt with unscrupulous dealers in the past and that seems to have made you cautious and distrustful.

But, you've now heard from a number of 3rd parties who have interacted with Reliable and vouch for their integrity. And, there has been an absence of any posts impugning their reputation other than a broad-brush generalization from scott_r(who doesn't mention any first hand knowledge or experience with Reliable) that I'll paraphrase as him saying that all businesses are evil and predatory.

Anyway, I don't expect you to take my word for it and I can't tell you to respect the other endorsements that Reliable has received from others. But, if at this point you continue to question Reliable's integrity based only on your past experience with unrelated people, then in my mind you're just going to come across as a "hater" with a chip on your shoulder aimed at people who make a living buying & selling guns.

If on the other hand you are now comfortable saying something like "I guess they aren't the same as those other guys I dealt with in the past" or even just something neutral like "I don't have enough personal, direct experience with them to judge them", then my personal opinion of you would be that you are a rational and reasonable man.
    All good points. The best of which is that there hasn't been a flood of people challenging them. If certain Ontario dealers, two of which are advertisers here, tried the same scheme there'd be several people, me among them, who'd be warning people away.

Question asked and answered. There is no reason to discourage people from using this service as there is no indication or evidence that the people who do will be treated unfairly.

Uber Super GunNutz RoughneckRico's Avatar
    How far reaching are your services? Ontario, Newfoundland?

We offer this service Canada-Wide. If you're in the Greater Vancouver area you can bring them in, or we can schedule one of our staff to come pickup. If you're located further away, we can send you a shipping label you can print off, package up the firearm, and ship to us free.

Thanks
    Warren
    FIND US ON FACEBOOK OR FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

Ph: 604 874 4710 Fax: 604 874 4712
    Toll Free 1 800 407 5224
    3227 Fraser Street • Vancouver • BC • V5V 4B8
    Hours of Store: Tuesday - Friday 9 - 5:30 PM
    Saturday 9 - 5 PM
    EMAIL: orders@reliablegun.com
    http://www.reliablegun.com

Full Line direct dealer for
    Remington, Marlin, Browning, Bushnell, Tikka, Sako, Beretta, Benelli, Savage Arms, Ruger, NightForce, Trijicon, PWS, Nikon, Kel-Tec, Fenix Flashlights, Kent Cartridges and MANY MORE

It's an excellent service to widows and other non-firearm people who would like someone knowledgable and trustworthy to sell their arms for a reasonable cost. My family may one day need your services. Thank You!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Superbrad's Avatar
    Excellent answer to a fair question..... well done....
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456