Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NEA M-LOK AR15 Rail, NEW ITEM!

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    No such thing, m-lok is open source

Shawn
    See Matt K's post...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    That is not true. MLOK requires a free licence, but must be licenced from MAGPUL as well. They are very aggressive about suing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Thank you very much!

Im happy with my NEA but I can see severing my thumb on the sharp safety selector.

X2 on a 6" or 7" MLok rail. Would love an update to find out if these are in the works

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    The mlok rail is insanely light that's for sure. I wish NEA15s came in 16" though.

CGN Regular
    Has anyone done a complete install of the mlok rail? I'm having a tough time figuring out to get the rail to line up with the upper. First time doing a build and I'm held up on the hand guard. I got to figure it out, I really like look of it. I'm sure there is some little thing I'm doing wrong but just can't see it. And I guess it's the only type of install that dosent have a YouTube video.

Quote Originally Posted by sspike View Post
    Has anyone done a complete install of the mlok rail? I'm having a tough time figuring out to get the rail to line up with the upper. First time doing a build and I'm held up on the hand guard. I got to figure it out, I really like look of it. I'm sure there is some little thing I'm doing wrong but just can't see it. And I guess it's the only type of install that dosent have a YouTube video.
    Are you talking this particular NEA rail or just a mlok style rail? I ordered one of these rails for a buddies AR as he wanted FDE 12" rail so figured we would try one out because the price was right. Anyway should be here mon or tue and once I look at what type of barrel nut it uses I can better answer your question, but I suspect you have to line up the nut with torque in the needed position for the guard to be straight.

And kind of curious as this is your first build, did you install the barrel yourself, if so did you check headspace?

Quote Originally Posted by sspike View Post
    I have. Mine was very tight. I had to put some muscle into turning it onto the barrel nut. I just did it gradually until it lined up. It's tightened down very nicely now. Just make sure the circular channel inside the rail and the raised "lands" (is that what you'd call,them?) on the barrel nut are lined up well. (I'm presuming that you are using the provided barrel nut and that it's installed correctly so the gas tube is properly lined up, etc.)
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    The mlok rail is insanely light that's for sure. I wish NEA15s came in 16" though.
    I second this. And I hope they make one to fit the AR102
    CONFIRMED...SEND IT!

It looks like it won't line up perfectly square, but just put a little muscle into her. But absolutely do not over tighten the allen screws to tighten this hand guard to the barrel nut. I barely snugged it up and it pulled the screw through aluminum. Luckily the shop i work at had a large supply of small washers i could remedy the issue, but be very careful not to over tighten.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by davis0944 View Post
    It looks like it won't line up perfectly square, but just put a little muscle into her. But absolutely do not over tighten the allen screws to tighten this hand guard to the barrel nut. I barely snugged it up and it pulled the screw through aluminum. Luckily the shop i work at had a large supply of small washers i could remedy the issue, but be very careful not to over tighten.
    I also pulled the screw through the aluminum, can you share a few more details on how and where you used the washers?