Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NEA M-LOK AR15 Rail, NEW ITEM!

CGN Regular
    So I got the hand guard on. Barrel nut and gas tube lined up fairly well. I did have to use a lot of force to twist the hand guard on, so much so that it split just ahead of the tension screws.

Quote Originally Posted by sspike View Post
    Has anyone done a complete install of the mlok rail? I'm having a tough time figuring out to get the rail to line up with the upper. First time doing a build and I'm held up on the hand guard. I got to figure it out, I really like look of it. I'm sure there is some little thing I'm doing wrong but just can't see it. And I guess it's the only type of install that dosent have a YouTube video.
    Put a quarter in the slot where the screws tighten the handguard, install one screw in from the wrong direction and tighten it down on the quarter.

This will spread the handguard just enough to make it easier to twist on. Don't over-spread it.

So I got the hand guard on. Barrel nut and gas tube lined up fairly well. I did have to use a lot of force to twist the hand guard on, so much so that it split just ahead of the tension screws.
    You split it apart twisting in on by hand? Let's see some pics of where it broke.
    Whatever

CGN Regular

Holy crap!
    Where did you grip the rail when you were torquing it?
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Holy crap!
    Where did you grip the rail when you were torquing it?
    Too far forward by the looks of it. Had a towel on it for grip.

And a pipe wrench on the towel?

I jest. I can't imagine getting that much torque on it by hand.
    Last edited by Stevo; 01-08-2017 at 01:41 AM.
    Whatever

Well finally got around to putting my buddies guard on his AR, I came to the conclusion that these are made for airsoft as when the barrel nut is lined up so the guard is straight, a tooth it directly where the gas tube goes, as in exact top dead center. I had to torque the nut, see what tooth is in the way and then grind down the tooth to clear the gas tube then hit it with cold blue, and no there was no other way around it, that's the way the teeth lined up, not my first rodeo, guess that's why they are half the cost of a quality rail, but buddy wanted 12" in FDE and was the only one I came across.

The rail twists to line up...you don't slide it directly on. IE you install it at a slight angle then turn it. We can sell you another barrel nut if you need one.

It's not a product issue, it was installed incorrectly.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSharp View Post
    Well finally got around to putting my buddies guard on his AR, I came to the conclusion that these are made for airsoft as when the barrel nut is lined up so the guard is straight, a tooth it directly where the gas tube goes, as in exact top dead center. I had to torque the nut, see what tooth is in the way and then grind down the tooth to clear the gas tube then hit it with cold blue, and no there was no other way around it, that's the way the teeth lined up, not my first rodeo, guess that's why they are half the cost of a quality rail, but buddy wanted 12" in FDE and was the only one I came across.

Ah I got ya, well I stand corrected, my bad, wasn't any instructions with it, I can still torque the nut one more tooth and install it properly with the nut I have. Now I understand what OP was doing, I thought he was trying to use the guard to time the nut.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Well now I'm in the same spot as the OP, trying to twist it in without cracking the hand guard and doesn't want to go.

EDIT

And got it, finally!
    Last edited by MrSharp; 01-16-2017 at 02:26 AM.