Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NEA M-LOK AR15 Rail, NEW ITEM!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSharp View Post
    Ah I got ya, well I stand corrected, my bad, wasn't any instructions with it, I can still torque the nut one more tooth and install it properly with the nut I have. Now I understand what OP was doing, I thought he was trying to use the guard to time the nut.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
    I torqued the barrel nut on just fine. Got the gas tube all installed but the hand guard not so much. Seems like it wouldn't go past the initial alignment grooves. The only guidance I got from nea was to twist it on and it would go. I like the hand guard, looks good on the rifle but think there should have been some kind of installation instructions available in the box or online.

I need this in 9" length. The regular handguard heats up too quick with a kx5 flash suppressor tucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by sspike View Post
    I torqued the barrel nut on just fine. Got the gas tube all installed but the hand guard not so much. Seems like it wouldn't go past the initial alignment grooves. The only guidance I got from nea was to twist it on and it would go. I like the hand guard, looks good on the rifle but think there should have been some kind of installation instructions available in the box or online.
    Yes instructions would have been nice, I just figured it was like the one model of Samson and slip on and tighten, I was even tempted to drill and tap in a retaining set screw like theirs until I was told it was put on wrong as it was solid. I've worked with Samson, Seekins, DD guards and all had instructions, be nice if NEA did the same.

I ended up having to clean out some milling flashing on the guard, clearance the dust cover pin a bit, lube the barrel nut and then found it best to clamp the rail in my vice holding a 7" section in wood blocks past the tightening screws and turn the upper to lock it in. Holding the upper and turning the gaurd I was scared I'd crack it like happened to you as it didn't want to go easy.

My install was on a Stag T2.

Received my 14" rail today and just got around to installing it on my M&P15. Wasn't hard to twist on at all luckily. For those interested, it weighs in at 10.7oz. My rifle just lost weight going from a 7" quad rail to a 14" rail... who would of thought.

Last edited by TurboTapin; 01-19-2017 at 07:42 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTapin View Post
    Received my 14" rail today and just got around to installing it on my M&P15. Wasn't hard to twist on at all luckily, only had to file down the side receiver retaining tab just a smidgen for the two top rails to align properly. Absolutely love it. For those interested, it weighs in at 10.7oz. My rifle just lost weight going from a 7" quad rail to a 14" rail... who would of thought.

That looks pretty. How is the black finish? Is it like the earlier NEA purple/gray receivers or true black?
    CSSA Member

Yeah the one I have needs a bit of a file too, hope if I take it off it goes on easy now it's been on once, I think it was mostly the dust cover pin giving me grief.

Chemist This may be an odd question, but does the OD Green version match the colour of the OD Green stripped upper you have in stock ?

All the greens are the same colour. I find the green hard to photograph and it always looks different depending on the flash.

Very happy with mine

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    All the greens are the same colour. I find the green hard to photograph and it always looks different depending on the flash.
    Appreciate the reply!