Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunting season is here again! That means its CONTEST time again!UPDATE!PRIZE info!

Great job simonyzer and thanks for the opportunity guys

Expired Industry Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simonyzer View Post
    Thank you so very much........

This .22 will be the rifle we will use to teach my 2 daughters, my son and my 2 nephews how to shoot and keep on the family tradition !

Again, Thank you
    That is awesome, we are so happy to be contribute!

CGN frequent flyer stripperclipper's Avatar
    The swede got the job done on my mule buck.

A much nicer deer than that dinky whitetail.
    I cut down a christmas tree with my wife and kids, and my wife says "I heard a grunt. Do deer grunt?"
    A little while later, I hear a grunt too. I had a quick look around, and then packed up the family, put the tree on top of the truck, and went back home.
    I came back out in the afternoon, and sat down under a spruce tree. I was watching upwind, but I heard something behind me. Sure enough, a mule buck comes out of the bush and starts walking along the hillside behind me.
    I slowly pivot, and swing the old mauser around, and the buck keeps walking. I switch off the safety, and he stops dead in his tracks and looks right at me. He stood there for plenty of time for me to line up the sights, and squeeze the trigger. I heard a good thwack, and he fell over.
    That Mauser is a swede, made in Oberndorf in 1899. I hope it's still killing deer in another hundred years. I've wanted to shoot a deer with it since I got it, so it's kind of a relief that I can stop dragging it around next season, and rely mostly on my Remington 700. (But, who knows. I've got a spanish mauser in 7x57 that might feel left out now...)
    Also known as "Dewey Cox" on other forums.

Expired Industry Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stripperclipper View Post
    The swede got the job done on my mule buck.

A much nicer deer than that dinky whitetail.
    I cut down a christmas tree with my wife and kids, and my wife says "I heard a grunt. Do deer grunt?"
    A little while later, I hear a grunt too. I had a quick look around, and then packed up the family, put the tree on top of the truck, and went back home.
    I came back out in the afternoon, and sat down under a spruce tree. I was watching upwind, but I heard something behind me. Sure enough, a mule buck comes out of the bush and starts walking along the hillside behind me.
    I slowly pivot, and swing the old mauser around, and the buck keeps walking. I switch off the safety, and he stops dead in his tracks and looks right at me. He stood there for plenty of time for me to line up the sights, and squeeze the trigger. I heard a good thwack, and he fell over.
    That Mauser is a swede, made in Oberndorf in 1899. I hope it's still killing deer in another hundred years. I've wanted to shoot a deer with it since I got it, so it's kind of a relief that I can stop dragging it around next season, and rely mostly on my Remington 700. (But, who knows. I've got a spanish mauser in 7x57 that might feel left out now...)
    Awesome, congratulations! Thanks for the great story!

CGN frequent flyer stripperclipper's Avatar
    Thanks for the awesome prize!

Wasn't the easiest thing to put on, but it looks pretty good.
    Also known as "Dewey Cox" on other forums.

Expired Industry Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stripperclipper View Post
    Thanks for the awesome prize!

Wasn't the easiest thing to put on, but it looks pretty good.
    Looks great!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123