Thread: New website is on! Get ready for the coming new products!

Business Member

New website is on! Get ready for the coming new products!

New website is on! Get ready for the coming new products

durhamoutdoors.ca

please don't hesitate to let us know your comments, tks!

Durham

Very nice layout and easy to navigate!

Looking good! Just a couple of comments:

1) Additional filtering options for rifles (restricted/non restricted, bolt action/semi auto), same for pistols (semi auto/revolvers)

2) try and break accessories out in to categories (magazines, bags and cases, AR parts, etc)

3) Break optics down into categories (red dot/reflex, AR optics, and also by manufacturer)

4) Break down the ammo and reloading section, separate factory ammo from the reloading components then break reloading in to bullets, primers, powder, brass etc

5) The shop by vendor is good but maybe condense all the vendors into a drop down menu. This will leave you a lot more room to add links and maybe weekly specials or whatever you want people to see first.

6) If you don't have a shipping estimator, that would be key. It would save you from having to answer a ton of emails.

7) in your specials area, there are items with a sale symbol and items without a sale symbol. Is everything in that area on sale? If so, give them all the sale symbol, if not, move them to their perspective areas and out of the specials area.

Just my own comments. Take them for what they're worth. Site looks good though. Shoppers preferences are ever changing!

Thanks for the look.

Much better and modern. I like it.

RF
    Noli nothis permittere te terere.

add to the cart button does not work.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    It would be nice if you had a filter that would show in stock items only.

Nice site though.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyg00 View Post
    Looking good! Just a couple of comments:

1) Additional filtering options for rifles (restricted/non restricted, bolt action/semi auto), same for pistols (semi auto/revolvers)

2) try and break accessories out in to categories (magazines, bags and cases, AR parts, etc)

3) Break optics down into categories (red dot/reflex, AR optics, and also by manufacturer)

4) Break down the ammo and reloading section, separate factory ammo from the reloading components then break reloading in to bullets, primers, powder, brass etc

5) The shop by vendor is good but maybe condense all the vendors into a drop down menu. This will leave you a lot more room to add links and maybe weekly specials or whatever you want people to see first.

6) If you don't have a shipping estimator, that would be key. It would save you from having to answer a ton of emails.

7) in your specials area, there are items with a sale symbol and items without a sale symbol. Is everything in that area on sale? If so, give them all the sale symbol, if not, move them to their perspective areas and out of the specials area.

Just my own comments. Take them for what they're worth. Site looks good though. Shoppers preferences are ever changing!

Thanks for the look.
    Tks a lot! I will do some changes.......

Agree with most of the comments so far. I would also add that it's nice to see so many pictures of the actual items. Being able to filter out the stuff that isn't in stock would definitely save a lot of frustration.

I didn't have an issue adding to the cart, however when I clicked to check out it went to the account login page. There's no option to either create an account or continue as a guest (my personal preference). My Visa card may be breathing a sigh of relief that I was unable to subject it to yet another impulse firearm purchase but I'm guessing that you guys would prefer to actually be able to sell the lovely rifle I was looking at

EDIT: Link to create account added. Order placed. Me happy
    Last edited by MX5AutoXer; 10-19-2016 at 06:43 PM. Reason: issue addressed