Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SKS Aluminum Scout Mount from Matador Arms - The Razor!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Is it just me or does this seem like a blatant rip off of the BC tactical mount that's been available for a few years? And the matador full length rail is a magwedge copy??
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Business Member Colonel Mustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Is it just me or does this seem like a blatant rip off of the BC tactical mount that's been available for a few years? And the matador full length rail is a magwedge copy??
    Hi Suther

I'm not sure if this is a general question or one for us... we're just humble retailers - questions about design are best left for the manufacturers but I can say that from what we've seen, The Razor does have some unique points such as the sight channel that we've not seen elsewhere.

Regards

Mark

CGN frequent flyer
    Looks like the BC tactical mount.
    I'd suggest caution before the spent casings damage your optics.
    Some advised they had success with a shell deflector.

To clarify, this mount is designed for micro-dot reflex sights - there is a list of suitable sights on the description page https://colonelmustard.ca/products/r...icatinny-mount and we are offering a bundle that includes the Razor and a micro-dot: https://colonelmustard.ca/products/r...icro-dot-combo

As a micro-dot will be completely within the length of the Razor, we don't believe it is possible for empty casings to contact the micro-dot. If you want to fit a bigger optic to your SKS, we would recommend the SKS Optics Rail as that includes a built-in shell deflector: https://colonelmustard.ca/products/s...receiver-mount

Can I see picture of 'sight channel' using iron sights please? Very interesting product!

Quote Originally Posted by vpsalin View Post
    Can I see picture of 'sight channel' using iron sights please? Very interesting product!
    Sorry, for the delay in replying - we checked our records and we don't have that picture, so we spoke to Matador Arms and they don't have that picture either! Matador did say the next time they are doing a photography session they will try to capture that picture. Over to Razor owners - does anyone have a picture that shows the 'iron sights' in use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12