Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cadex Competition Chassis for a Savage 10 TR LEO vs. Cadex CDX rifle

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Not true I had to part out my Savage build at a big loss.
    I sold my remington 700 in a cadex for 400$ less than I paid after putting 3k rounds down the pipe (included magazines and bipod). If you buy a cadex chassis second hand you'll have plenty of room left when you go to upgrade.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

BANNED
    Yup 700's seem to hold their value better. But my Savage 10 was in a MDT chassis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skypilot's Avatar
    I like the task specific rifles, and the expensive scopes especially when the agency pays for them.

On the other hand I have enjoyed the savings and tuning on the Savage 10FCPK and Rem 700s on my personal guns/loads.

IMHO, regardless of one hole accuracy, high dollar equipment, it's ALWAYS comes down to the one who can read the wind the best given all else is equal if you're shooting long range, especially as the wind picks up.

And money can't buy that.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the groups I cannot shoot, the ability to dope the wind, and the wisdom to hide the bad targets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    I'll give you a little background and my opinion on this.
    I apologize in advance if it is long and rambling.

I have never shot PRS but I have shot at quite a few precision rifle clinics put on by Barney AKA Tactical Teacher.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ctical-Teacher

If you can get out to one or some of his clinics next year it will be the best $50 you have ever spent on training.
    Saturday is used for teaching proper technique, equipment, dope etc.
    Sunday we shoot the match.
    The match is the 200M, 300M, 500M, and 600M stages of the ORA Precision rifle match.
    http://www.ontariorifleassociation.ca/node/80

A figure 11 target shown below has a V-Bull which measures 4" wide X 8" high and a 5 "ring" which measures 8" wide X 16" high.
    A rifle which shoots 3/4 MOA will keep you in the V-Bull all day long if you read the wind right and you do your part.

I have shot higher scores than many people with much more expensive rifles and I have been outshot by someone using a $100 K98 Mauser in 6.5x55.
    I shot a 184/200 at the last clinic. At 500 M I shot a 50.6V and at 600M 49.6V.

I shoot a Savage 10BA which now has 4800 rounds down the barrel.
    When the rifle was new it would shoot 0.5 MOA 5 shot groups on average.
    It now shoots around 1.0 MOA groups and will be rebarreled over the winter.
    This a $2,000 rifle already in a chassis.

I also have a 10TR which I am just now beginning to develop a load for but it looks very promising.
    As you know this is a $600 rifle out of the box.
    In my opinion putting a $2,175 chassis on such a rifle would probably be overkill.
    I will be putting mine in an MDT LSS-XL chassis which is $499 +$299 for the Buttstock.
    Add a muzzle brake,a bipod, and a couple of AICS mags and you are right around $2,000.

A Cadex CDX-30 has a list price of $5342.95. Adding a folding stock and a muzzle brake puts you over $7,200.

That is $5,000 more than an "all dressed Savage model 10.
    I do not believe that as a novice or intermediate shooter you will get enough "value" out of the additional expense.
    That money can be better spent on ammunition and more practice.
    Don't get me wrong if you can afford to spend the money over and above your ammunition, practice, training, and travel budget go ahead but don't think that a high end rifle will be a substitute for practice and training.
    Last edited by thump_rrr; 10-16-2016 at 05:19 PM.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
    That is $5,000 more than an "all dressed Savage model 10.
    Yup and worth every penny IMHO :-) Never did I ever say to myself " I wish I would've kept my savage 10."

I dont shot groups, to me it's hella booring. I rather hear the bullet smack steel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Yup and worth every penny IMHO :-) Never did I ever say to myself " I wish I would've kept my savage 10."

I dont shot groups, to me it's hella booring. I rather hear the bullet smack steel.
    I didn't say it wasn't worth it.
    I said that the rifle would not be the difference in the equation for a novice or intermediate shooter.

I have a few rifles that cost quite a bit of money and every one of them is worth it in my opinion.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

BANNED
    Thats is quite true, My grouping stills suck even with my Cadex...lol...

A little more info. I saved money on the rifle and invested in the following:

1. Bushnell XRS 4.5-30 with a H59 reticle
    2. Spuhr 20 MOA mount
    3. Atlas bipod
    4. Bushnell LMSS tactical spotting scope with a H32 reticle to match up with the H59
    5. Lots of ammo. (1000 rounds of match).

It's almost a 5g gun that started at $700. I bought the best I could for items that could be moved from gun to gun. The only thing I regret is not buying a 0 MOA Spuhr and getting a 20 MOA rail. If I buy the CDX I would need a different mount. 40 MOA is a little too much. On the Cadex Competition it will work great.

I hate the ergonomics of a std stock. I do not need anything but the chassis. So I should be under $1500. I also want to be able to side mount a Radius laser. I like toys...

If you want to sell that mount, let me know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast