Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meopta Scope Reviews

Added picture...MEOPTA R1 TACTIC
    Best kept scope secret:
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/optics/ri...ret-in-optics/
    Last edited by NHunter; 12-01-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

Nice picture. These are really awesome scopes. Hard to beat in clarity and definition. Mechics are spectacular.

Thanks for sharing

GST

They were sold buy Cabelas as their euro model but discontinued last year. I bought 2 of the pro series 3x9x42 for $399.00 apiece on sale. I believe i got a tremendous deal the scopes are both tough and clear. I will buy another for my Steyr 300 win mag. The Meopta MeoPro 6-18x50 would be just the ticket for the Steyr even though Swarovski would keep the rifle totally Austrian which would be cool. But the price point of the Meopta is just too attractive to pass up given Meoptas outstanding quality. At the end of the day I believe there is little to choose between Swarovski and Meopta in terms of performance and quality.

Quote Originally Posted by NHunter View Post
    Added picture...MEOPTA R1 TACTIC
    Best kept scope secret:
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/optics/ri...ret-in-optics/
    You have a very nice rifle NHunter. I like the traditional design of the stock and the ebony tips. Iron sights are a bonus Leopold base and rings, does not get any better. You have a very good eye for quality.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    i had for a long time a 7x50 artemis 2000 with a real reticle german 4 and on the night the wild boars never liked it.

at that time the glass (lens) where still made by the factory not by schott. a schott lens/glass is not a guarantee of a good optic: the treatment is.

but i imagine that the actual meopta are even better.

Meopta does all the cutting, polishing and treatments in-house using exclusively Schott glass.

Quote Originally Posted by bniz View Post
    You have a very nice rifle NHunter. I like the traditional design of the stock and the ebony tips. Iron sights are a bonus Leopold base and rings, does not get any better. You have a very good eye for quality.
    Rifle is a 1969 Husqvarna, .25-06 in 1900 Action, as from factory. Bought it new with hanging tags on it, from an avid collector 15 years ago.

With that R1 Tactic scope, action and a fine rest = laser-like accuracy!
    (Reticle is mildot)
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Where are these Meopta scopes made ? do they use parts or glasses from Japan or Philipines ?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    Where are these Meopta scopes made ? do they use parts or glasses from Japan or Philipines ?
    Czech Republic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast