Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meopta Scope Reviews

Meopta Scope Reviews

Unfortunately Meopta is not known very much in North America. Poor advertising practice is probably the number 1 cause of this. Meopta is well known in Europe and I believe they rely on this reputation to carry their name. In this market advertising is the only way to do business.

I have been using Meopta for many years and I strongly believe they are some of the best optics out there, comparable to Swarovski and S&B, but cost a fraction of the price. They excel in low light conditions and have a clarity that is unbeatable.

Meopta manufacture 100% of their optics in-house. They do not outsource any parts. They use Schott glass exclusively, cut, polish and apply all of the proprietary coating in their state of the art facility.

I have found some reviews that I think can help demonstrate the quality of the products;

Firearms Blog has been reviewing many of the Meopta products all can be found here:
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/?s=meopta

https://www.targettamers.com/optics/rifle-scopes/meopta/

http://www.rokslide.com/gear/optics/245-meopta-s2-hd-82mm-spotter-review

http://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/sqlcache/meostar-s2-angled-revew-meorev002.pdf

For more informations please do not hesitate to contact me.

info@gstprecision.ca

I have a 1-4 kdot on an ar... I love it.

I have had a Meostar R1 Tactic on my .25-06 for the last 11 years.

Amazing scope, incredible quality at the price point or double or triple the price point~~!!

I could go on and on....this is an amazing glass, no question.
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

I agree 100%. I have been nothing but impressed with meopta and wish they had more exposure.

I also have a soft spot for German No.1 and No.4 so the fact that both are available on most of their models pleases me.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Zombies! Where the f@$# are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    A few days ago I was looking at Cabela's Instinct Euro rifle scope which it turns out is made by Meopta. I may have to take a second look.

I have a ZD 6-24 RD , it has the best glass I could imagine for clarity and low light I don't think the human eye could find better. It has a illuminated mil dot retical that has a little flaw - it draws the battery down when not in use and kills the battery after a week or two , my fix for this is putting a piece of wax paper under the battery when storing . Also just a personal preference but I think I would like just the centre lit instead of the whole retical . The turrets are 100% repeatable and the parallax adjustment is fantastic.
    Another thing that I would prefer is mil turrets to match the mil retical ( they are moa turrets ) I do like moa turrets and have become used to dialing for elivation and using the retical for windage and for under 500yds the mil dot retical is fine for holdovers as well . Also seems like a great northamerica warranty

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    A few days ago I was looking at Cabela's Instinct Euro rifle scope which it turns out is made by Meopta. I may have to take a second look.
    I have a spotting scope from cabelas and it's great but wish I was aware of meopta so Canadian dealers at the time (cabelas is a plague on smaller buisness and not Canadian ) also the instinct line are not meopta s top line glass . Check this dealer and other Canadian sources

CGN Ultra frequent flyer remyltr's Avatar
    i have two meopta scopes both on my 223's.
    one scope is atleast 12years old and the glass on that one is amazing compared to the one
    other i bought 3 years ago.

excellent scopes,excellent value for money,whats not to like about them.

my first choice of scope for any rifle
    typical British wankers

Are you able to bring in others in the Meopta range? I am looking for a replacement scope for my main hunting rifle. I very much like the specs of the Artemis 3-12x50.

Candocad.
    [FONT="Verdana"]Take that shot and take it well, because there is unlikely to be another chance.

The Artemis was discontinued last year, the only available right now is a 6x42.

In the 3-12 I have the Meostar R1 and in 4-12 I have the Meopro.

Let me know if any of these interest you and I will send you the price.

Cheers
    GST

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast