CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Thread: Sights for gen 2 and 3 backpackers?

Sights for gen 2 and 3 backpackers?

I'm assuming those VOMZ fiber optic red dots aren't available any more with the russia sanctions? Is there anything else in the works?

Alternatively I'm curious if any of you guys have tried williams slugger or any other similar adjustable sights for the rib on the backpackers (mine are prettymuch just for hunting in slug/buckshot only zones and would like to be able to adjust the POA to match the POI).

They should be in early next week. they are already on the way. The delay was due to export permits they took almost 2 months to process plus vacation season

Great news!
    Those are the same VOMZ pilad 1x25 ones as before? good timing I guess! didn't think you'd be able to get any with the sanctions. (any idea on how much they are?)
    Last edited by stevo911_; 10-17-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Yes same think. With luck and if I will not forget I will bring few to Victoria gun show

Friendly reminder to please not forget to bring a few plz!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    I just happened to be checking out the website for something else and I noticed that these sights are back in stock!

Martin, there was talk of trying to get these type of sight but with a weaver/picatinny rail attachment instead of on the vented rib, is that still a possibility? I would like to put something like this on an Asena, but it only has the rail, no vented rib.

The weaver model was ordered 1 year ago but VOMZ still uses old school development process so it will probably take 1 to 2 more years to see the results

Got mine at the gun show today, trying to mount it to the backpackers I have, the plate that goes under the rib is too thick to fit under the rib. did you guys run into this and just sand it down to fit?

On some guns it needs to be sanded to slide in especially on the rib close to the chamber

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corwin-arms View Post
    The weaver model was ordered 1 year ago but VOMZ still uses old school development process so it will probably take 1 to 2 more years to see the results
    I was thinking about these sights the other day and wow time flys, has there been any progress on a weaver/picatinny version of the shotgun sight?

On the flip side if it's still not looking good to get a different version, would there be an option of an adapter that could be made that has a section of shotgun rib stuck onto a couple of scope rings or something similar?