Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: New Optics line development - Need your input

A quality Long Eye Relief scout scope would be a great offering. They're very few and far between, and with the amount of sks's, cz's, and Mosin's out there it would be a good seller. Savage, and Ruger scout owners would also be interested, I'm sure!

Currently the options are NC Star or Leupold, so there is a product gap between garbage, and extremely pricey.

3-15x42mm FFP in MIL would be a dream scope
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwing327 View Post
    I think at least one good quality tactical scope in FFP would be a seller. Like others have said, keep it MIL/MIL turrets....10 MIL per revolution...mildot reticle (not MIL line on FFP) to match ranging optics...side parallax....IR on FFP is nice...30mm tubes. I like the 5-25 x 50 range personally, but if you are only able to do one, the 4-14 is probably better for the majority. Basically a Falcon Menace in a higher end package without the price shock of NF or SB.

If it can hold zero and remain accurate throughout its range and not be $3500+ like an SB, I would be a buyer of at least two
    Absolutely 100% agree with everything darkwing327 wrote here. I'd be fine for either 5-25, 3-15, or 4-14, I'd have use for any of those scopes.

Quote Originally Posted by mhowarth View Post
    A quality Long Eye Relief scout scope would be a great offering. They're very few and far between, and with the amount of sks's, cz's, and Mosin's out there it would be a good seller. Savage, and Ruger scout owners would also be interested, I'm sure! Currently the options are NC Star or Leupold, so there is a product gap between garbage, and extremely pricey.

Long eye relief: There's a gap in the market for a 1-x long eye relief scope. I'd love to be able to dial down the magnification on my Scout rifle and be able to keep both eyes open using it like a red dot, but dial it up when I want to.
    Last edited by Astute Observer; 10-18-2016 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    I am just back from Europe and have met with several potential suppliers.

One of these is a large optics maker. We would like to have them develop a new line of high quality optics at good prices.

I need your help in choosing 3 products to start the line.

I am partial to the Schmidt-Bender and IOR lines with the 30 and 35mm tubes.

I am thinking a 1-4x30mm, a 3.5x35mm and a 3-9x42mm

Let me know your thoughts on scopes, reticles, design features, etc.
    An affordable option in First Focal Plane in milradians would be awesome. IE, 4 - 12 x 44 with 30mm tube

I like a mil line reticle and would be in for one in the mid range! 4-14 ffp sounds like a winner!

Will we see an red dot or acog style sights?

I would buy a 1-6 or 1-8. Not a 1-4.

Decent quality fixed magnification optics at reasonable prices would be nice to see, eg, 4x30mm, 6x35mm, 10x42mm etc. I find that variable mag. adds weight and doesn't get used much but it seems like every manufacturer and their mother only makes variable magnification optics these days. Maybe I'm just alone in this preference I don't know... :P

Low profile capped turrets, simple ballistic reticles w/ range finding marks or mil-dot is my reticle preference.

BANNED
    1-4 with a MOA hash mark reticle, no need for the crazy clustered CQB type that a lot of 1-4's have.

Fixed 8 with some kind of bullet drop comp reticle.

Honestly, just copy the SWFA line. They've really managed to combine good value and design.
    Super Sniper 10x, 30mm tube, mil-dot with mild rad turrets is their most popular one. It's better than the Bushnell because they remembered to put parallax adjustment.

Also, Nikon used to make a great tactical scope that they discontinued: the Monarch X.
    2.5-10x44, 30mm tube, tactical turrets, mil dot, side focus parallax. This is about the sweet spot for most situations. Put some milrad turrets and good glass and this is about the perfect scope.