Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Build Your Own Poly

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post
    Do you need the frame? Grab one here;

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=2891&bc=no
    Sorry for the stupid question, I've never owned a Glock. Is this frame for a Glock 17? And the same frame will support both 9mm and .40 builds? So it's the same frame as the Glock 22?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question, I've never owned a Glock. Is this frame for a Glock 17? And the same frame will support both 9mm and .40 builds? So it's the same frame as the Glock 22?

Thanks
    Not a stupid question at all! These frames are what are considered FULL Size frames and can be built into either a 9MM or a 40S&W pistol.

So you can build them into a G17 clone or a G22 clone depending on which parts kit you choose to go with. The only difference in the parts kits is Ejectors they come with. 9MM uses a bent ejector while the 40S&W (and .357SIG) use a straight one.

Scott

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post
    Not a stupid question at all! These frames are what are considered FULL Size frames and can be built into either a 9MM or a 40S&W pistol.

So you can build them into a G17 clone or a G22 clone depending on which parts kit you choose to go with. The only difference in the parts kits is Ejectors they come with. 9MM uses a bent ejector while the 40S&W (and .357SIG) use a straight one.

Scott
    Great, thanks! Plus, kudos on the response within 14 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    Great, thanks! Plus, kudos on the response within 14 minutes!
    Glad to help!

For the frames can we get them in any colour offered like fde

CGN Regular
    I see the slides need a 99 dollar import charge added. If I want two slides, would it be 200 or same 99 dollars since it's same item?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    For the frames can we get them in any colour offered like fde
    We will be adding the FDE, ODG and WHT versions to our website later today for NEW orders. We'll post links once they're up.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAX333 View Post
    I see the slides need a 99 dollar import charge added. If I want two slides, would it be 200 or same 99 dollars since it's same item?
    It will depend on what you are looking at. Send me an email (scott@questar.ca) or PM and we can discuss.

Scott

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If you had it all on one page with choices that we can click on to put in our cart as we go down the page/pages of your site and when we got to the end we know everything we need is there, or provide kits as I mentioned in your other post! Thanks for bringing these in! Cheers Bob
    Has anyone assembled one of these yet, here or in the U.S.. just wondering how well they work and how accurate they are!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    If you had it all on one page with choices that we can click on to put in our cart as we go down the page/pages of your site and when we got to the end we know everything we need is there, or provide kits as I mentioned in your other post! Thanks for bringing these in! Cheers Bob
    Has anyone assembled one of these yet, here or in the U.S.. just wondering how well they work and how accurate they are!
    Hey Bob,

Unfortunately the website isn't quite set-up for this sort of thing especially with all of the possible configurations.

There are several YouTube video's out there from people who have assembled them. As far as how well they work and how accurate they are, well that is going to come down to how the machining is done, what the slide to frame fit is and barrel to slide fit is like and the quality of components used. Just like the mass produced pistols on the market, there are ones that are cheap and put together quickly that shoot and work ok and then there are those that spend time hand fitting parts and that shoot very accurately and work very reliably.

Scott

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast