Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: APC223-SA Final specifications - place your order now.

Interested to see what the weight of the 308 comes in at (in a year or so). The APC223 looks very nice, only budget issues keep me from looking in to the pre-order more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by monahov View Post
    Mr. Wolverine,

The only obstacle preventing me from placing the order is the barrel. I might be in minority, but ideal configuration for me would be using the original B&T barrel specification but in non-restricted length. That would be cold hammer forged barrel with the 1 in 7 twist. I'm aware of pros and cons, but I also believe, that B&T engineers put a lot of thought into their original barrel decision. Here is what the APC 223 PDF on their website says: “The hammer forged barrel is designed for optimal transitional ballistics and long barrel life. This 1 in 7'' twist rate is the best all-around for many different loads and bullet weights.” Those may be just nice words common in promotional materials, but I actually like long life expectancy of cold hammer forged barrels – I want it to last for ages. Many might find it economically unreasonable, but I like playing with heavier 75 or 77 grain ammo and want the barrel to have optimal performance with those heavier bullets – it's a technological hobby. I also like keeping my toys according to their original design specification as much as it is possible in our Canadian context – I believe many of us have that collector's interest, especially when it applies to expensive hi-end products.

As I mentioned, I realize, that I might be in minority, but I believe I'm not the only one. Since this magical number of 20 came up recently, it would be really interesting to estimate if there is enough interest for such configuration, if it's feasible. Maybe we could run a poll?

I realize, that it might take longer than the already confirmed configuration with the 1 in 9 twist. But I would be still willing to wait another 6 months for another batch with non-restricted barrels of original specification and would gladly place an order if such configuration is confirmed.

I apologize if I'm making it overly complicated and thank you for making this huge effort to bring this rifle to Canada!
    Ok, I have some answers for you. We can order the APC223-SA with a 477 mm hammer forged Loather Walther barrel with a 1:7 twist. We would be looking at a 4 to 5 month wait from when we place an order and we have to place an order for a minimum of 30. These will be at the regular price of $3,900.00 based on our current exchange rate. Our first order (ETA Late Jan) is only just over half sold so we would not be placing another order for a few months, based on customer feedback the second order could be with the 1:7 twist.

I have ordered enough of the stock adapters (Accept an AR15 buffer tube) to allow one for each of the first shipment, these will be available as an optional extra and should be delivered with the rifles.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 11-03-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Ok, I have some answers for you. We can order the APC223-SA with a 477 mm hammer forged Loather Walther barrel with a 1:7 twist. We would be looking at a 4 to 5 month wait from when we place an order and we have to place an order for a minimum of 30. These will be at the regular price of $3,900.00 based on our current exchange rate. Our first order (ETA Late Jan) is only just over half sold so we would not be placing another order for a few months, based on customer feedback the second order could be with the 1:7 twist.

I have ordered enough of the stock adapters (Accept an AR15 buffer tube) to allow one for each of the first shipment, these will be available as an optional extra and should be delivered with the rifles.
    These are wonderful news!
    Thank you for looking into the 1 in 7 twist hammer forged option, Mr. Wolverine!
    I will be waiting with impatience for the second pre-order to start.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 11-03-2016 at 12:48 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar

Did I read that right!?!?!

We should be expecting our NR APC223 December??
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 11-03-2016 at 12:48 PM.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post

The order should go out in December if I read that correctly and they expect it back in 4 or 5 months. I could be wrong.

1:8 would have been perfect IMO, but a 1:9 should still stabilize a 69 grain matchking so no big deal.

Thank you John for making the effort and bringing in those AR stock adapters. I'm probably going to stick with the factory stock and make it work, but if I can't it's nice to have an alternative.

One question, when B&T refer to the front pin as a "fixed bolt" does that simply mean it's captive or will we not be able to completely separate the upper and lower? If it's the latter is that how all APC 223s come out of the factory or is it specific to us?

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post

Sorry my mistake, I was thinking of something else, eta is late Jan, Sorry to get you excited

Quote Originally Posted by NCPI View Post
    The order should go out in December if I read that correctly and they expect it back in 4 or 5 months. I could be wrong.
    Yeah he's talking about the new 1:7 barrel not the ones that we have already pre ordered.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    1:8 would have been perfect IMO, but a 1:9 should still stabilize a 69 grain matchking so no big deal.

Thank you John for making the effort and bringing in those AR stock adapters. I'm probably going to stick with the factory stock and make it work, but if I can't it's nice to have an alternative.

One question, when B&T refer to the front pin as a "fixed bolt" does that simply mean it's captive or will we not be able to completely separate the upper and lower? If it's the latter is that how all APC 223s come out of the factory or is it specific to us?
    The fixed pivot pin is manufactured as two parts and then pressed together when the rifle is manufactured so that it can not be removed. This is one of the detailed changes that were made in order to salsify the RCMP SFSS due to the fact that there is a select fire version of this rifle. There are many other subtle changes so parts would not interchange between the select fire and the semi auto version.

Sorry my mistake, I was thinking of something else, eta is late Jan, Sorry to get you excited
    No worries John, looking forward to it.
    I actually might order up a restricted one too (if there is still room) on the first batch
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER