Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 263638394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: APC223-SA Final specifications - place your order now.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fatstacks View Post
    Now THAT is the way to make your first post!!! Well done sir.

How is the height of that eotech working out for you? Looks like it's a bit high.. Do you plan on changing the stock?

I had my worries with the stock and height of the eotech, but it's perfect, cowitnesses well with the irons too. I have no plans to change the current stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    How many rounds in the mag? Is it compatible with magpul mags?

Is this better than NR swiss arms?

For the mags, they came with IMI mags, I haven't tried em out yet but I can speculate it's probably pinned to 5rds. I'd say magpul mags will probably work with this gun. As for if it's better then an Swiss Arms rifle, I have never handled one so I can't really say.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Hi Wolverine,
    I received my shipment today, thank you very much, after Canada Post did some bizarre bouncing around.

I have a couple of questions hoping you can help answer:
    • I got the stock adapter, there is a tiny roll pin in the package. Is there any installation instructions I can follow please?
    • Are there any official B&T position (technical or warranty or otherwise) regarding people using aftermarket triggers (e.g. Geissele) in the APC?

Regards.
    Mismatch is the new black

Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    Hi Wolverine,
    I received my shipment today, thank you very much, after Canada Post did some bizarre bouncing around.

• I got the stock adapter, there is a tiny roll pin in the package. Is there any installation instructions I can follow please?
    • Are there any official B&T position (technical or warranty or otherwise) regarding people using aftermarket triggers (e.g. Geissele) in the APC?

Regards.
    This will not be a BT's question. It will be the trigger manufacturer's question . The bolt velocity is usually faster with short stroke gun so the hammer may strike the disconnector and destroy the trigger faster. I don't know if the Apc 223 has a firing block safety, if it does the hammer geometry may or may not deactivate the block. I also bet that it has a spring loaded firing pin, so a different trigger may or may have enough Newtons to ignite.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    Hi Wolverine,

Regards.
    As for warranty claims for B&T products in Canada, I basically make the judgment call on them. No one can reasonable expect the B&T warranty to cover after market parts, care must be taken to ensure that any after market that are fitted are fully compatible with the APC to avoid any disputes with a warranty claim.

There are no fitting instructions with the butt stock adapter. It MUST be used with the buffer from the original butt stock, the supplied role pin is to retain the buffer. Any problems please contact our gunsmith David@wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    As for warranty claims for B&T products in Canada, I basically make the judgment call on them. No one can reasonable expect the B&T warranty to cover after market parts, care must be taken to ensure that any after market that are fitted are fully compatible with the APC to avoid any disputes with a warranty claim.

There are no fitting instructions with the butt stock adapter. It MUST be used with the buffer from the original butt stock, the supplied role pin is to retain the buffer. Any problems please contact our gunsmith David@wolverinesupplies.com
    Thanks John for taking the time to respond, for sure I did not expect any after market part to be covered just wanted to see if aftermarket parts would void the warranty. I have a feeling I am in no rush to use my Hi-Speed NM trigger (or ever), the stock trigger feels rather crisp and clean already. I will gingerly try the stock adapter some days from now, after I feel proficient enough in stripping the APC, and thanks I will contact David if required.

FYI I could NOT get my Geisselle trigger to function properly in the APC: the bolt carrier group would bind up at the rear of it's travel. Trigger group was a super dynamic 3-gun if that matters to anyone.
    Whatever, lost a couple hours this am screwing around with it but all in all not a big deal, the stock trigger is still pretty kick ass, and I'm willing to bet it isn't the trigger that limits my accuracy with this rifle (more likely the lousy human pulling the damn thing!)
    Was worth a shot but I'm not trying any other AR or variant's triggers.

FYI I could NOT get my Geisselle trigger to function properly in the APC: the bolt carrier group would bind up at the rear of it's travel. Trigger group was a super dynamic 3-gun if that matters to anyone.
    Whatever, lost a couple hours this am screwing around with it but all in all not a big deal, the stock trigger is still pretty kick ass, and I'm willing to bet it isn't the trigger that limits my accuracy with this rifle (more likely the lousy human pulling the damn thing!)
    ok one more reason to leave it unmolested, thanks for sharing that update.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Finally got back from traveling and got to see my APC. Wow! This thing is a beauty! Can't wait to take it out to play Thanks Wolverine.
    |CCFR|

I believe it will only work with drop in complete triggers such as TriggerTech....no?
    Click, Bang.

Quote Originally Posted by BadRonin View Post
    I believe it will only work with drop in complete triggers such as TriggerTech....no?
    Not sure. I read on a US forum that AR triggers would work, and had a Geissele in my AR so I tried it. Everything fit fine, but the bolt wouldn't cycle. If you've got a complete drop in, please try it and let me know if it works.