Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: APC223-SA Final specifications - place your order now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Barrels chromelined?

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Trigger pull 1.98 kg ~ 4lb

In Europe dot is 1000s separator and coma is decimal. so million would look like this 1.000.000,000

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Tried to find info online about this,
    How does it take down? I see the lower comes off with 2 pins, but how does the upper come apart?
    Do you have any pics of the gas system?
    Hopefully my sample from the RCMP will be back tomorrow and then I can post some photos. Take down is very simple.

Unload and clear gun
    Push out rear take down pin which is captive
    Pivot lower assemble down,
    Pull butt stock to rear.
    Pull out Operating spring assembly
    Slide bolt to rear , remove charging handle and bolt slides out to the rear
    Push in detent give the gas lock a 1/2 turn and pull out
    Gas piston and spring assemble slides out to the front
    The upper receiver and barrel is one unit and requires no further stripping.

Odds and ends.

Flash hider thread is metric, M15 x 1

The hand guard also supports the gas block, remove 2 screws and it slides forward! Not so easy, this Swiss engineering, you need a rubber hammer to tap her all the way off. Not something I would ever normally do on my gun.

Barrel removable, appears to be simple, remove 8 screws and knock her out of the receiver. She looks such a good fit I am not trying as I have ne reason to.

Trigger pull, right now I only have a select fire APC300 trigger very good, take up the slack and there is a crisp pull of 4-5 lbs but this is a select fire group so we should not pay to much attention to her weight.

I will add more info as I have it.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 10-20-2016 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Thread size added

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    Barrels chromelined?
    Some one had to ask! No

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Hopefully my sample from the RCMP will be back tomorrow and then I can post some photos. Take down is very simple.

Unload and clear gun
    Push out rear take down pin which is captive
    Pivot lower assemble down,
    Pull butt stock to rear.
    Pull out Operating spring assembly
    Slide bolt to rear , remove charging handle and bolt slides out to the rear
    Push in detent give the gas lock a 1/2 turn and pull out
    Gas piston and spring assemble slides out to the front
    The upper receiver and barrel is one unit and requires no further stripping.

Odds and ends.

Flash hider thread is metric, I have it some where but not to hand.

The hand guard also supports the gas block, remove 2 screws and it slides forward! Not so easy, this Swiss engineering, you need a rubber hammer to tap her all the way off. Not something I would ever normally do on my gun.

Barrel removable, appears to be simple, remove 8 screws and knock her out of the receiver. She looks such a good fit I am not trying as I have ne reason to.

Trigger pull, right now I only have a select fire APC300 trigger very good, take up the slack and there is a crisp pull of 4-5 lbs but this is a select fire group so we should not pay to much attention to her weight.

I will add more info as I have it.

Would it be possible to ask Factory to cut threads 0.5-28tpi for the Non restricted barrels?

I sure would like to have the option to swap out muzzle devices freely with whats available to us in North America.

What thread pattern are the barrels?
    |CCFR|

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    It's metric so I'm guessing 15x1l or 15x1R etc...
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rambones View Post
    Would it be possible to ask Factory to cut threads 0.5-28tpi for the Non restricted barrels?

I sure would like to have the option to swap out muzzle devices freely with whats available to us in North America.
    I guess anything is possible if you are prepared to pay for it! Seriously the feeling I get from CGN is that everything we offer is to much money. When we look at ordering a product we try and do everything we can to keep the cost down. We can not do this with special calibers, barrel lengths, different gas systems, muzzle threads etc. I am very sorry but our market is simply not large enough to support a handful of special request. Also if the thread was 1/2 x 28 how would they attach and sell you their own quality flash hider. This would be like ordering a new Chevy truck but asking Chevy to fit a Ford carburetor in it.

I think you should have just enough barrel length to have a custom shop take your barrel and cut off the metric threads and rethread to your choice. That is the best I can do for you.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 10-20-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    What thread pattern are the barrels?
    Thread is M15 x 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I guess anything is possible if you are prepared to pay for it! Seriously the feeling I get from CGN is that everything we offer is to much money. When we look at ordering a product we try and do everything we can to keep the cost down. We can not do this with special calibers, barrel lengths, different gas systems, muzzle threads etc. I am very sorry but our market is simply not large enough to support a handful of special request.

I think you should have just enough barrel length to have a custom shop take your barrel cut of the metric threads and rethread to your choice. That is the best I can do for you.

No Worries John, just thought I would ask. And thank you for bringing these in