Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: APC223-SA Final specifications - place your order now.

Quote Originally Posted by mr wolverine View Post
    thread is m15 x 1
    great!

Quote Originally Posted by rambones View Post
    No Worries John, just thought I would ask. And thank you for bringing these in
    Thanks for your understanding but the more we can standardise the lower we can keep the price. I would love to offer a full customisation service but the market wouldn't stand it. Cheers

My dream for years has been to offer a non restricted sub $2,000 5.56 rifle. I have drawn up some unique very basic designs of my own, but I do not have the skills to manufacture such a rifle. I have talked to manufacture's all over the world but no luck yet. I even talked to ArmaLite to build the AR180B under licence in Canada but unless I was talking tens of thousands for several years it was not going to happen. Then we also have to consider how our Government would react to such plans.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 10-20-2016 at 08:34 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I guess anything is possible if you are prepared to pay for it! Seriously the feeling I get from CGN is that everything we offer is to much money. When we look at ordering a product we try and do everything we can to keep the cost down. We can not do this with special calibers, barrel lengths, different gas systems, muzzle threads etc. I am very sorry but our market is simply not large enough to support a handful of special request. Also if the thread was 1/2 x 28 how would they attach and sell you their own quality flash hider. This would be like ordering a new Chevy truck but asking Chevy to fit a Ford carburetor in it.

I think you should have just enough barrel length to have a custom shop take your barrel and cut off the metric threads and rethread to your choice. That is the best I can do for you.
    I'm buying this gun because I don't have to tinker with it, I'm happy with their flash hider.
    Mismatch is the new black

Any chance to have them barrel this 1 in 7 twist?

Quote Originally Posted by twyeh View Post
    Any chance to have them barrel this 1 in 7 twist?
    This is something I can ask but I expect we will need to pick on one twist rate for all of the non restricted model. What would be the proffered twist? I also have to consider the availability.

BANNED
    I would rather NOT have a 1/7 twist, 1in8 or even better 1in9 would be my preference, we're not shooting tracers here!

lothar walther are button barrels or cold hammer forge barrels, i love the 1in9 twist rate of that barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    This is something I can ask but I expect we will need to pick on one twist rate for all of the non restricted model. What would be the proffered twist? I also have to consider the availability.
    I think you can poll this one to gauge, as IMHO, most guys prefer 1 in 7.

BANNED
    Keep it 1in9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Yeah just keep it 1:9
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

1 in 9 is better for 55gr ammo which is the most common and cost effective for us non reloaders but im not complaining either if they come 1 in 8