Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: APC223-SA Final specifications - place your order now.

1:8 would be my choice, if this is turning into a poll.

Here is a bit of reality.

LW may have 1:7 or 1:8 listed, but it doesn't mean they have it in stock.

Remember, they are in Europe - what you want may not be what they have in stock. A non-standard twist rate to their regular stock means wait or a simply "NO". A wait for one part is going to drag down the entire run. Shops have production time slot, they can't just make stuff tomorrow when order is put in today. This is not JIT, like big auto makers.
    Last edited by greentips; 10-21-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Here is a bit of reality.

LW may have 1:7 or 1:8 listed, but it doesn't mean they have it in stock.

Remember, they are in Europe - what you want may not be what they have in stock. A non-standard twist rate to their regular stock means wait or a simply "NO". A wait for one part is going to drag down the entire run. Shops have production time slot, they can't just make stuff tomorrow when order is put in today. This is not JIT, like big auto makers.
    I am neither for or against it, I signed up to get one already. I am curious on the technical rationale for choosing 1 in 9 by the design team for this Canadian civvies version. That's all.
    Mismatch is the new black

The BT APC has been 5 years in the making for us Canadians and here we are talking about twist rates like a bunch of school girls lol. Wolverine thank you again and John you are a good man, hats off for your efforts.

BANNED
    ^ This

Hopefully as a paying (deopsit paid) customer, not as a casual potentially interested poster, asking a curiosity technical question is allowed? And hopefully that doesn't make one a whiner or appear ungrateful.

And I have utmost respect for schoolgirls everywhere, mine whine less than some big boys

Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    Hopefully as a paying (deopsit paid) customer, not as a casual potentially interested poster, asking a curiosity technical question is allowed? And hopefully that doesn't make one a whiner or appear ungrateful.

And I have utmost respect for schoolgirls everywhere, mine whine less than some big boys
    Thank you for your order, with out customers like you we wouldn't exist, so you are welcome to ask all the questions you like and I will endeavor to answer them to the best of my abilities. Remember the APC223-SA has been evolving all week as I learn more about her We are finalising options in order to have the best product. For example when I found out that the better accuracy was seen from guns with flash hiders we settled on that as the standard. When I asked for barrel details I was told 1:7 twist since then I have asked if we can standardise on 1:8 but I do not want to make any changes that may delay the final ETA.

No you are not a whiner

Much obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Right on John, well if you ever consider selling your sample one with the short handguard "I'll take it"
    I was mistaken, our sample has been with the RCMP so long I couldn't remember what hand guard was on her. Our sample rifle has the long hand guard. she is not for sale as she is the bench mark as she has bee examined by the RCMP. More photos to follow and weather permitting we will shoot some groups with her tomorrow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I was mistaken, our sample has been with the RCMP so long I couldn't remember what hand guard was on her. Our sample rifle has the long hand guard. she is not for sale as she is the bench mark as she has bee examined by the RCMP. More photos to follow and weather permitting we will shoot some groups with her tomorrow.
    Looking forward to seeing good pics of it (if possible please post pics of the internals and the break down too).

I'm very excited for this rifle John, I'm hoping they are here soon!!!!!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!