Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2737394041424344454647

Thread: APC223-SA Final specifications - place your order now.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by BadRonin View Post
    I believe it will only work with drop in complete triggers such as TriggerTech....no?
    Sent an email to Trigger Tech and they didnt even bother to email me back... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Sent an email to Trigger Tech and they didnt even bother to email me back... :-(
    That's lame, but I'm assuming the manufacturers are wondering about liability of putting their parts into a firearm it wasn't designed (or probably tested) for? Wish I had a few kickin around to try out, but don't have the $$ to start buying trigger groups that may or may not work.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Any possibility for replacement non-ambi fire selector/safety switch? Not a big deal, just nice to have as stock one keeps digging into my trigger finger.

Have there been any range reports, as I cannot find any with the search feature?
    1:9 vs 1:7 etc.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

Quote Originally Posted by Picatinny View Post
    Have there been any range reports, as I cannot find any with the search feature?
    I haven't been able to either. Really frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by Picatinny View Post
    1:9 vs 1:7 etc.
    I only have 1:9 version. Here are some of my results at 100 meters.

This is with Nosler SSA 5.56 55gr:

On the next target first 2 rows are Hornady Practice .223 55gr and the last row is Hornady TAP .223 55gr.
    Didn't measure precisely that time, but you can estimate the group size from the grid - 1 square is 1 inch.

I am definitely not a trigger control expert, so your results might be better.

I can not recommend Hornady Superformance 5.56 55gr - my second round went overpressure and popped out it's primer which resulted in quite interesting failure to fire and then failure to extract the third round up to being unable to open the bolt by hand. It may be the coincidence of 3 factors: a bit tighter chamber (5.56 CIP? How different it is from 5.56 NATO actually?), a bit higher pressure round trying to fit chamber in a tighter way (the bullet seems to have a bit different curvature with straighter sides), a quite hot day (even though I was in the shadow when shooting).
    Last edited by monahov; 09-08-2017 at 12:34 AM.

I have tried searching for info on difference of 5.56 C.I.P. and 5.56 NATO chambers. I can not find any specification with 5.56 in the name on C.I.P. website. There is .223 Rem. indeed. Wikipedia says that "The C.I.P. rulings for the C.I.P. civilian .223 Remington chambering are much closer to the military 5.56×45mm NATO chambering.", which, I suppose, still means, that C.I.P. .223 Rem. is a bit tighter, than 5.56 NATO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    So far I've only tried 3 cheapie ammo from mine, I shoot rapid positional prone, not off the bench with a sled so the actual absolute group size is irrelevant. But the relative differences between loads is what's interesting to me.

• Zombie max - prone on rough grass rapid (5 shots in 10 ~ 15 seconds) I got slightly under 2 MOA, which means if you shoot from benched sled and cool barrel off between shots you can shave at least 0.5 MOA off.

• Norc yellow box - Add 1 MOA to Z-max, pretty much expected for cheap Chinese bulk ammo.

• MFS 62gr SP steel case - Absolutely junk in terms of accuracy, add 2 to 3 additional MOA to Z-max.
    Mismatch is the new black

any pics of these guns with a magpul PRS stock on them of any generation??? can't find any anywhere but theres gotta be a few!