Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ellwood Wood Fails again

Never been to the store but have bought several guns from their online store.
    Haven't had any problems with them so far with the online sales.
    And Webbers is a good consolation prize.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by paul792 View Post
    Heading to Epps tomorrow. Will post if it was good or bad.
    Didn't know they were open on Sunday.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer albayo's Avatar
    That happened to my friend with the Gun Dealer.
    But he didn't call ahead to find out if it was physically there before we drove a few hours to get there.
    Now them saying they had your item and not getting back to you would really Pi** you off.
    I bought an FN FAL from Epps in January 2014 and the CFC asked to inspect it in Ottawa I still don't have it.
    I am hoping to have it before this or next Christmas.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cereal83's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shnib View Post
    i believe they close after thanksgiving weekend unfortunately
    They are still open and busy as ever. I drove by yesterday so I saw.
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by DUC_Dali View Post
    Just complaining.. - Cant say I shop at the location because I'm in Alberta, but their website just annoys me - I mean there's a pretty basic standard for good online websites nowadays and you either know you have a good one, or you don't, Prophet River is another I struggle with. - These guys could learn a lot from the SFRC, Bullseye Sports or Al Flaherty's, I purchase from these places ALL THE TIME because it's just so convenient. - easily searchable, easily browse-able, and pictures for everything. You gotta imagine that the amount of money you pay for an Online web host to maintain the site and update inventory, will pay the wages back in online sales in no time? Either way it tells me 'old school' management who has probably done well and isn't into fresh or new ideas, most likely getting an online website 'was' a fresh new idea. - Two cents
    100% agree!!
    If I can't see the picture and detailed description or I see "call us for the price", I move to another vendor that will save me the time or let me do my own research without having to "call the guy" who may or may not give me the right info over the phone or deny afterwords that he said or didn't say this or that. I haven't done any business with them so I can't comment on particular transaction but as I said, I agree that every store who wishes to move beyond the local market absolutely must have user friendly website.
    Someone here mentioned Marstar. I bought several things from them and didn't have any issues but I saw a couple of negative comments here and I can see they are gone from this forum. What happened?
    Last edited by Victory 1945; 10-23-2016 at 01:01 PM.

ELLWOOD has always done me right,my online orders since 2001 have never gone wrong ,a new employee may be the cause,but these guys have always been very good.plus I have been to there store and I had good service and all was good.

Well just got home...

Webbers was open.. Line up out the door.

As far as pics.. I just emailed the day before and they sent me 5 high red pics of the used BLR I was interested in. I showed up.. Looked better in person so I laid my money down. Much to the dismay of the guy two spots behind me that apparently was there to see the same rifle. While processing the transaction and chatting up the counter guy I tell him I like cowboy guns. He smiles and asks if I want to see something cool... Pulls out a Gen one colt SAA. $6500. Was it ever pretty. To bab I've bought cars for a quarter of that. I thanked him for the rifle and the treat of the colt.

The place was busy, but the staff took their time with each customer. No one seemed annoyed waiting their turn. Except the guy who was ten min late getting my new to me Browning BLR in .223.

All in all, a good day.

CGN Regular
    I took one hard look at their prehistoric website and had myself a good laugh. Never bothered to return, because of stuff like this:
    • Please restrict your photo inquiries to two firearms per customer per day.
    • No pictures are available for "AS IS" firearms.
    • We do not take photos of new firearms. These pictures can be found on the manufacturer's website.

They should modernize before they suffer the same fate as Lebaron.

Quote Originally Posted by jza View Post
    I took one hard look at their prehistoric website and had myself a good laugh. Never bothered to return, because of stuff like this:
    • Please restrict your photo inquiries to two firearms per customer per day.
    • No pictures are available for "AS IS" firearms.
    • We do not take photos of new firearms. These pictures can be found on the manufacturer's website.

They should modernize before they suffer the same fate as Lebaron.
    Considering the volume of guns they sell I dont think they will miss you.

I never understood the hate fore their website. All other sites use stock images of the new guns anyway. The descriptions they have are better than what I find on other sites. And you can clearly see how many of any firearm they have in stock which you rarely see anyplace else. Their accessories could use help tho I will admit.

If anything, their listings of used guns is far better than any other site I've come across. And I don't mind asking for pics.

Seems like most of the ppl bitching about their site would be the same ppl butt hurt over an EE. Ad with no pics either.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by WhipperBilly View Post
    Did you stop at Weber's as a consolation?
    I have driven past that place a zillion times and never once stopped for a burger. Anyone tried them?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast