Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ellwood Wood Fails again

Ellwood Wood Fails again

Pretty typical story today

Called yesterday around noon,to see if Ellwood Wood had a part I was looking for and the guy on the phone said yes, I'll go get it and put it on hold. The reason i called in advance is that I was driving up from Toronto specifically for this part.

Get to Ellwood this morning, not only did they not have the part, the guy I talked to knew about this at 8pm last night, he also knew ibwas driving up from Toronto cause I advised him of such. He could have called or texted, no harm no foul.

I do have to admit though there was a gentlemen that works there that helped me go through their very disorganized store to see if one might be on a different aisle, he even went as far to check the gunsmithing room if there was one there that he said he would give me.....this is a good guy.

I'll never go back to Epps again, I always leave feeling let down.

CGN frequent flyer
    ibtl

Seems like a pretty mixed crowd with Epps. I've never dealt with them. I asked them if one of their shotgun combo's were going on sale anytime and they said no. But then they offered me 1% off. Nice guys over there.

That's unfortunate. I've had a few negative experiences too and since have not returned; been a good 5 years since I stepped in the doors. With better management and someone with deep pockets to revitalize the store they could easily become a powerhouse in the GTA. The exposure they get being on the 400 is getting to their heads I'd imagine. Sure someone new will always stop for supplies but all the lost return business is where the profits are!! It's almost weekly a negative experience is posted here. Real shame. Until I see 'New Management' posted on a sign outside their store I'll steer my hard earned dollars elsewhere in the GTA.

Was it a nice drive at least?

BANNED
    Time wasters! That needs to happen to me only once and I never go back.....BLACKLISTED!

CGN frequent flyer
    I had good experience with their gunsmithing service... and in-store the staff have always been friendly. That said, I specifically do not do business over the phone or website. I had some frustration a couple or three times and now just stick to the simple way, for simple items... mostly just their vast used gun selection

I like the small town 'family run' atmosphere, but I agree that there is room for improvement and organization. I would still rather drive the hour there than the 10 minutes to Bass Pro!

I feel the pain of your bad experience. If the facts are as you have stated, I hope they at least acknowledge their shortcomings and try to avoid such situations in the future.
    The Liberal Philosophy
    If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

"any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by bobbynewmark View Post
    I would still rather drive the hour there than the 10 minutes to Bass Pro!
    Certainly more options in the GTA than Bass Pro.

I can't think of another firearm business I pass-by more than Epps! I'm up at the cottage from May-October almost weekly! If I'm in this situation I could imagine the hundreds of others refusing to stop that pass by on a regular basis too.

I've called, reserved and always had A1 service for over 35 years.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Most of us dont. Resolve your short comings one on one, not on the board.
    The right, always trumph!

BANNED
    Sorry for your bad experience, I had many too .

The problem, it is normal that dealer make some errors, but not many understand they should compensate for their error.. I deal with many sponsor here, and many made mistakes, and just Canada Ammo gave me 100 % satisfaction after a mistake.

I always have a good world for a responsible Seller.

That's all it is, is a bad experience, life moves on

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast